[NEohioPAL] Additional Audition Slots -- ACTORS' SUMMIT Season Open Auditions

Neil Thackaberry thackaberryn at actorssummit.org
Tue Jul 12 13:48:06 PDT 2011

Actors' Summit Theater
announces

*Additional Audition Slots Open

*

*Because of the large number of auditions already scheduled, additional time
slots have been created beginning at 1:00 PM*

* *

*OPEN AUDITIONS *

*for the *

*2011 -- 2012 SEASON

*

*Date: Saturday, July 23, 2011
Time:  10 AM - 1 PM*.

Actors' Summit is a non-profit professional theater located in downtown
Akron, Ohio.  We are committed to hiring Ohio artists.

Our seven show season includes:  *Woody Guthrie’s American Song*, *Winter
Wonderettes*, *Bully*, *The Importance of Being Earnest*, *The Girl’s Guide
to Coffee*, *I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change* and *Route 66*.

*Please note:  Not all roles are available as some have been precast with
members of our acting company.*

Auditions are open to all Equity and non-Equity professionals.  You must be
at least 18 years old to audition.  Each actor should come prepared with 3
copies of headshot and resume (stapled, please.)

All performers at Actors' Summit are compensated.  Non-Equity performers are
paid on a per performance basis.

*Actors' Summit is committed to Non-Traditional Casting.  Except in cases
where race, gender, age, or disability is essential to the play, all roles
will be cast on the basis of talent. *

Auditions are by appointment.  Please request a time slot via email at

connie.thackaberry at gmail.com.

You will receive an email confirmation of your time.

Each actor will have three minutes for their presentation.  We *suggest* two
contemporary comedic monologues and/or a monologue and song.  An accompanist
will *not* be available for this first round of auditions.  Singers are
invited to bring recorded accompaniment.  A CD player with an MP3 input is
available.

Auditions will take place at the theater:  103 S High St, 6th Floor, Akron,
OH  44308.  Free parking is available.

Please do not call the theater.  If you have questions, please email them to
the above address.  Thank you, we look forward to seeing you at the theater.

*This is the only time we have scheduled for open auditions for the season.
If you cannot attend, please feel free to submit your headshot and resume to
the above email address.*