[NEohioPAL] MISS SAIGON at Near West opens FRIDAY!

Sara Radak Sradak at nearwesttheatre.org
Mon Jul 18 14:09:25 PDT 2011

Miss Saigon

opens this Friday, July 22!

Near West Theatre, by arrangement with Cameron Mackintosh,

presents a new production of

MISS SAIGON

Music by Claude-Michel Schonberg

Lyrics by Richard Maltby Jr. and Alain Boublil

Adapted from the original French lyrics by Alain Boublil

Additional material by Richard Maltby Jr.

Orchestrations by William D. Brohn

Originally produced on the stage by Cameron Mackintosh

*This production licensed by Josef Weinberger Ltd. on behalf of Music Theatre International and Cameron Mackintosh Ltd.*

July 22, 23, 28, 29, 30,
August 5, 6 & 7

Thurs. Fri. & Sat. performances @ 7:30 p.m.

Sunday performance @ 3:00 p.m.
(Late arrivals will have to wait to be seated.)

Tickets:

Adults:$8   Children (12 & under):$6   Star Seat Tickets: $20

 (Star Seat tickets help Near West Theatre keep theatre affordable for all our patrons. Includes a concession coupon!)

Purchase Tickets:

In advance, call Near West Box Office: 216-961-6391

or purchase online at www.nearwesttheatre.org<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=mzwrlkdab&t=6kindsgab.0.0.mzwrlkdab.0&id=preview&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nearwesttheatre.org>

Day of Performances, visit Theatre Box Office one hour before curtain time.

(All tickets must be paid for when placing a reservation and will be held at the door. All sales are final.  Credit card, check and cash accepted.)

Performance Location:

St. Patrick's Club Building

3606 Bridge Ave., 3rd Floor** (Ohio City)

** Currently, our 3rd floor location is not accessible to individuals in wheelchairs or those who have difficulty with stairs.

The lights go dark and four giant screens light up with a blinking cinematic countdown...9, 8, 7, 6, 5...the sound of a helicopter approaching builds to deafening proportions as a garishly huge make-up mirror backstage at the seedy club/brothel Dreamland lights up with an unforgiving glare and the "Movie In Our Minds" begins to roll!

MISS SAIGON at Near West Theatre is a high tech explosion of video, photography, lights, rigging and music together with a phenomenal teen cast of fierce energy and brazen commitment to the emotional journey of this show.   This rock opera feels like Evita or Jesus Christ Superstar on steroids,  You can feel the foreboding tragedy looming in fateful inevitability as Mariah Burks, in the role of Kim, gives the performance of a lifetime along with Xavier Reminick as the ratty, opportunistic Engineer and Mike Glaven as the American G.I. who wins her heart and breaks it in two.

This is a HOT show in a HOT theater. It's the Vietnam War, with all the deception, the misplaced patriotism, the idealism, the courage and the horror.....and its a MUSICAL!  Sweat it out!!... it's more than worth it. The heat is ON in Saigon.