[NEohioPAL] COSE Arts Network Social Event July 28th

Charboneau, Matt MCharboneau at cose.org
Tue Jul 19 11:33:24 PDT 2011

COSE Arts Network Social Event
Thursday, July 28
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location:  Speakeasy at the Bier Markt (across the street from the West Side Market)
1948 West 25th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
Google Map<http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=1948+West+25th+Street,+Cleveland,+Ohio,+44113&hl=en&ftid=0x8830f06db113541b:0x53c8feae8ea32893>
Cost: COSE Member $5, Non-Member $10
Register HERE<http://www.cose.org/Events/Listings/ARTS/7-28-11.aspx?search=1&category=%7b94F9BFB5-D431-4DA7-A867-AB0C9590F30A%7d&axAuth=00000034>

Come out to one of the city's hottest neighborhoods and join us for our summer Arts Network Social Event on Thursday, July 28th. Join our co-hosts the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts<http://www.clemetrobar.org/Committees/Volunteer_Lawyers_for_the_Arts/Volunteer_Lawyers_for_the_Arts/> and your fellow COSE members as we gather at Speakeasy, a prohibition-era themed lounge with classic cocktails located just below the Bier Markt on West 25th Street.

The first part of the evening will feature a presentation by attorney George Carr of Gallagher Sharp and the Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts<http://www.gallaghersharp.com/attorney_profiles/attorney.asp?item=attorneys&currattorney=149>. George will speak about the basics of protecting and copying artistic work, with a focus on music. Mr. Carr, who has studied and practiced copyright law since his days as a working musician, will explain how copyrights are created, registered, and infringed, along with details on how the system works in practice. Following that, stay for the networking hour with great food and drinks.