[NEohioPAL] FREE Concert-Jim Schaffer at TrueNorth this Friday at noon

TrueNorth Cultural Arts truenorthculturalarts at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 06:26:15 PDT 2011

TrueNorth Cultural Arts, in collaboration with Lorain County Metro Parks,
will once again present free concerts at Noon on the second Friday of each
month at the French Creek Nature and Arts Center. According to Rick Fortney,
Artistic Director of TrueNorth, "We're very excited about the changes in our
schedule and with the performers we're presenting this season."

The first show of the twelve-month season will feature Lakewood
singer/songwriter and recording artist, Jim Schafer. A native of the
Cleveland area, Mr. Schafer brings his unique blend of original songs and
classic folk and country tunes to every performance. With a history of
appearances in folk clubs, concert venues, radio and TV programs and area
wineries, Jim has been entertaining audiences throughout the region for many
years. His most recent CD, *Tell A Friend*, is currently airing on Cleveland
area radio stations and will be available for sale at the Noon concert.

Since Jim's show as the season opener last year, he has appeared as a
featured act at the summer TrueNorth ArtsFest and has been a headliner at
the French Creek open mic night. He continues his commitment to bringing
acoustic music to Lorain County audiences as he takes the stage at noon on
September 9th at French Creek Nature and Arts Center.

Bob Sammon, host of the Noon concert series, says, "I've worked with Jim for
the past few years and I can't recommend his shows highly enough. Between
the professional care for the music, the commitment to entertainment and the
spot-on song selection, Jim is one of the best acts this season will offer."

Sammon says, "We're excited to be able to present some new faces to Lorain
County over the next few months. In addition," he continued, "the Eighth
Note Café will be open during the show for light lunches and snacks".

TrueNorth is located in the French Creek Nature and Art Center, 4530
Colorado Ave (Rt 611) in Sheffield Village, just 10 minutes West of Crocker
Park and 25 minutes from downtown Cleveland. For more information on our
season and upcoming events visit http://www.TNCArts.org.