[NEohioPAL] Buckeye Community Theatre Presents Fall 2011 Youth Theatre Classes

Sue Becks airbecks at msn.com
Wed Sep 7 10:39:58 PDT 2011

Buckeye Community Youth Theatre
Presents……..

2011 Fall Youth Theatre
Classes!

8 week classes begin Monday,
September 26, 2010

Director
Amanda Clements is
thrilled to return with her unique, high-energy and “outside-the-box” perspective
to the students at BCT! Amanda graduated from Bowling Green State University
with a BAC in Acting/Directing in 2008, where she received numerous
talent-based scholarships and grants. She is a two-time Irene Ryan National
Acting Scholarship Nominee and competed nationally in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Her
senior year she had the opportunity to study theatre abroad in London, England.
After graduation, she spent a season at the Huron Playhouse as Costume Shop
Supervisor/ Costume Designer for Rumors.
Back in Medina, she worked in conjunction with Artventure Studio and Gallery to
offer theatrical classes and private instruction for actors, costume designers
and make-up artists. Amanda most recently spent a year as Medina High School’s
Drama Advisor, leading students through their first-time directing experiences,
and directing Gutenberg! The Musical!
to a sold-out crowd. She is frequently active in Medina County Show Biz
Company, but has also performed with Stage Left Theatre Company and North
Ridgeville Players. Her teaching method rests in the knowledge that a safe and
comfortable environment will foster creativity and personal growth within every
student. Respect, fun and new ideas are at the core of her classroom
experience, and wonderful things happen when you least expect it!

Below is a listing of
our classes that are being offered this Fall

Class
Names/Descriptions

Mondays:

Ages 5-7

Time: 5:45pm -6:30pm

Fairytale Theatre!

Cost: $65.00

What's your favorite story? Are you a princess, knight or wizard
in disguise? Have you ever wanted to know what's really up the beanstalk? Come
join us for Fairytale Theatre! We will read and act- out several classic and
contemporary tales together - and by the end of the class we will create our
very own fairytale to perform for family and friends. Class will include
beginning acting instruction, introduction to fairytale literature, costume and
prop making and a whole lot of fun! Class fee includes instruction and all
class materials.

Ages 8-10

Time: 6:45pm - 7:45pm

Creative Drama for Youth

Cost: $75.00

Have you ever wondered what its like to be a director, stage
manager or costume designer? Are you a performer that LOVES to act? Do you like
plays and shows? Creative Drama for Youth will focus on many different aspects
of theatre - with an overview and hands on experience in directing, acting,
stage managing, costumes and props! Students will work together to learn basic
theatre techniques and build a show from the ground up. Students will learn
teamwork and ensemble building skills as well as basic acting, leadership and
creative drama skills as they write/prepare/perform a one of a kind show for
family and friends! Class fee includes instruction and all class materials.

Tuesdays:

Ages: 11-13

Time: 5:45-7pm

Beginning Puppetry

Cost: $95.00

Have you ever wondered exactly how the Muppets do their stuff?
What's it like to operate a puppet? How do puppeteers make their characters
come to life? Wonder no more - our Beginning Puppetry class will take students
on an overview and history of puppeteering, in the US and around the world!
Students will make three puppets based on historical and contemporary puppetry,
with a focus on building and animating their creations as well as learning
Japanese Shadow Theatre. Class will culminate in a small puppet show for family
and friends to show off our creations and new puppeteering skills! Class fee
includes all puppet bases, assembly/decorative materials and instruction.

Ages: 14-18

Time: 7:15 - 8:30pm

Stage Makeup 101

Cost: $95.00

Scars, moustaches and fairy queens, oh my! Stage Makeup 101 is a
perfect way to learn makeup basics for stage. Students will recieve a makeup
kit for their individual skin tone to use and keep. The class will cover basic
makeup application as well as scars, wounds, fantasy makeup and animals! Class
will culminate in a showcase for family and friends. Class fee includes
instruction, individual makeup kit, supplies for makeup removal and a photo
book with their completed makeup designs.

***Note*** I have worked with Ben Nye Makeup extensively over my
years of performance/instruction and have had little to no problems with
allergies for myself or any of my students.

I will also perform
basic skin tests on students prior to starting to determine reactions (if any).
If a reaction to the makeup is found we will create an alternative solution.

Each class will accept 20 students
and registration is on a first received, first registered basis. So, mail your
registration quick! Registration ends when classes are full. To download a registration form, go to www.buckeyecommunitytheatre.com  For more
information email Sue Becks – airbecks at msn.com  or call 330-725-7530.

 Class Location: Buckeye Elementary School,
3180 Columbia Road, Medina, Ohio 44256

Sue Becks