[NEohioPAL] CWRU Department of Family Medicine is looking for actors or standardized patient to play the role of patients or physicians

Marcia Moreno mvm27 at case.edu
Tue Sep 20 11:49:30 PDT 2011

*ACTOR
General Description*

The Department of Family Medicine at CWRU is looking for actors to perform
the role of patients for an educational training session of the Enhanced
Teachable Moments Project. This project is looking at the ways doctors and
patients talk together during healthcare visits with regard to weight
management.
Actors would potentially be performing as physicians or patients in two
sections of the Educational Training program: the educational DVD (see Group
A, below) and/or live performance as “SPs” (standardized patients) during
the actual Educational Training session (see Group B, below).
Actors would be required to attend several paid training sessions in order
to be eligible to participate in the following sessions.
We are looking for men and women between 18 to 70 years old, slightly to
moderately overweight (roughly between 26 and 30 BMI) to play the role of
patients.  We are also looking for men and women between 18 and 70 years old
(with any BMI) to play the role of physicians.

*Requirements*
*All*
-        Extremely reliable and enthusiastic actors who are interested in
contributing to health research and making a difference

*Group A (DVD)*
-      Ability to memorize a script
-      Experience/familiarity with being video-recorded (multiple takes)
*Group B (Skill Practices)*
-      Ability to improvise the patient’s health history and background to
be performed at the skills practice session.
-      Ability to learn subtle communication strategies

*CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES*
(see below; may be additional training dates added)

*Skill Practices (Group B)*
Fri., December 2, 2011
10:00-12:00
Mon., December 5, 2011
10:00-12:00
Mon., Dec. 5, 2011
1:00-3:00
Tues., Dec. 13, 2011
12:00-2:00
2:00-5:00
Tues., Dec. 15, 2011
12:00-2:00
2:00-5:00
Fri., Jan. 6, 2012
10:00-12:00
Thurs., Jan. 12, 2012
4:00-6:00
6:00-9:00
Thurs., Jan. 19, 2012
4:00-6:00
6:00-9:00
Fri. March 2, 2012
10:00-12:00
Thurs., March 8, 2012
4:00-6:00
6:00-9:00
Thurs., March 15, 2012
4:00-6:00
6:00-9:00

*DVD Production (Group A) *
Wed. ,Oct. 26, 2011
9:00-11:00 am
Tues.,  Nov. 8, 2011
9:00-11:00 am
Fri., Nov. 11, 2011
8:00-6:00
Sat., Nov. 12, 2011
8:00-1:00

*If you or someone else you know is interested in working with us, please
give us a call at 216-368-3170  or at 216-368-0878. You can also email us
at marcia.moreno at case.edu.
Thank you so much and I look forward to hear from you soon.
*

--
Marcia V. Moreno MA
Research Assistant