[NEohioPAL] Thank you so much for your interest!

Marcia Moreno mvm27 at case.edu
Wed Sep 21 11:12:11 PDT 2011

Hi:
I want to thank Neohiopal website and members because we have had a
overwhelming response to our posting looking for standardized
patients.
Thanks to all the responses we received yesterday and today we think
we are in a very good shape to fill these positions, so we are no
longer accepting applications.
Thank you so much to everybody that has contacted us via email or
phone. I am currently in the process of contacting back all the people
that emailed us.

ACTOR
General Description

The Department of Family Medicine at CWRU is looking for actors to
perform the role of patients for an educational training session of
the Enhanced Teachable Moments Project. This project is looking at the
ways doctors and patients talk together during healthcare visits with
regard to weight management.
Actors would potentially be performing as physicians or patients in
two sections of the Educational Training program: the educational DVD
(see Group A, below) and/or live performance as “SPs” (standardized
patients) during the actual Educational Training session (see Group B,
below).
Actors would be required to attend several paid training sessions in
order to be eligible to participate in the following sessions.
We are looking for men and women between 18 to 70 years old, slightly
to moderately overweight (roughly between 26 and 30 BMI) to play the
role of patients.  We are also looking for men and women between 18
and 70 years old (with any BMI) to play the role of physicians.

Requirements
All
-        Extremely reliable and enthusiastic actors who are interested
in contributing to health research and making a difference

Group A (DVD)
-      Ability to memorize a script
-      Experience/familiarity with being video-recorded (multiple takes)
Group B (Skill Practices)
-      Ability to improvise the patient’s health history and
background to be performed at the skills practice session.
-      Ability to learn subtle communication strategies

CALENDAR OF ACTIVITIES
(see below; may be additional training dates added)

--
Marcia V. Moreno MA
Research Assistant