[NEohioPAL] LCCC's FamilyFest is a Family Affair for The Keller Brothers

Kimberly Carrasquillo kcarrasq at lorainccc.edu
Mon Oct 3 08:02:52 PDT 2011

Photos of performers are available upon request

LCCC's FamilyFest is a Family Affair for The Keller Brothers

When brothers George, Peter and John Keller take the stage at this
year's FamilyFest at Lorain County Community College, you can be sure it
will be a harmonious affair.

The Keller Brothers are one of three local acts that will perform at
FamilyFest on Saturday, October 15 on the LCCC campus. The event runs
from 12-5 p.m. The Keller Brothers will take the stage at 4:15 p.m. to
perform pop, R&B and soft rock favorites.

One of the finest dramatic vocal ensembles in Northeast Ohio, The Keller
Brothers have been singing as a trio since 2010 and have quickly built a
stellar reputation. The group sings a variety of genres, including
opera, a capella and popular music. The Elyria brothers have performed
with the Cleveland Pops Orchestra and auditioned for "America's Got
Talent" in 2010 and 2011. Their second CD, "Grandma Amore" is due out
later this year.

The brothers are looking forward to performing on familiar turf, as all
three are LCCC students. George, 22, and Peter, 19 are full-time
students who are active in the Collegiate Chorale, vocal ensemble, civic
chorale groups at LCCC. John, 16, is a student at Elyria High School who
is also enrolled in Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) courses at
LCCC.

"We're brothers and we love to sing," George said. "We're looking
forward to performing at FamilyFest and want to make sure everyone has a
good time listening to us."

Before the Keller Brothers take the stage LCCC respiratory care student
Wendy Hoover will perform at 3:45 p.m. Hoover will wow the audience with
her powerful voice as she sings country and pop selections.

"I love to perform," Hoover said. "I'm excited to get on the stage at
FamilyFest."

A regular at karaoke nights around her Elyria Township home, Hoover, 37,
loves to perform. A member of Sweet Adalines for 27 years, Hoover is
ready to show the FamilyFest crowd her skills.

Kicking off the entertainment on the main stage will be Humble G and The
Afripeans at 3:15 p.m. The unique ensemble features local hip-hop artist
Humble G on African violin. His performance will be accompanied by The
Afripeans playing European drum beats.

Other events at FamilyFest include hands-on activities for kids, pony
rides, inflatables, cartoon characters, campus-wide Trick-or-Treat for
kids, and much more. For more information on LCCC's FamilyFest, visit
www.lorainccc.edu/familyfest.

Kim Carrasquillo

Writer

Marketing and Outreach Initiatives