[NEohioPAL] Ensemble Theatre's "Waiting for Lefty" similar to but better than "The Avengers"

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Thu Oct 13 09:20:31 PDT 2011

Don't miss this Modern American Classic!

Ohio Ballot Issue 2.
The 99% - Occupy Movement.
Clifford Odets American Master.

Relevant.
Current.
Classic.

"In the annals of plays that start fast and burn white-hot for their
duration, it's hard to top "Waiting for Lefty" by Clifford Odets... the
Ensemble production enlivens this 75-year-old agitprop* *tract and makes it
seem as current as last night's political debate on MSNBC -- with passion
replacing pundits and posturing."

                                   -Christine Howey, Special to the Plain
Dealer

Superheroes of the 30's? Yes.

Ensemble Theatre's "Waiting for Lefty" brings the heroicism of the average
every-day man and woman to the stage in this hour long non-stop high energy
American Classic. Replacing superpowers with, love, determination and the
will to organize Clifford Odets paints vignettes of Americans during the
Great Depression that still haunt our collective imagination. The message is
hope in hard times, humanity through organizing. Sound familiar?

 A beautiful lighting design by Joe Mitchell and stunning video projections
by Eric Roediger blend to create a modern impressionistic visual feast. The
excellent Ensemble Cast including: Stephen Vasse-Hansell, Allen Branstein,
Skip Corris*, Eric Roediger*, William Goff, Katie Wilkinson, Katie Atkinson,
Katie Nabors, James Rankin, Chris Bizub, Layla Schwartz, Tyler Whidden,
David Hundertmark, and Ryan Lucas shine onstage in this tight-knit
Ensemble.

Odets reminds us that we are all "Captain America" when we stand up for a
better life for ourselves and our families. Being human is what binds us and
makes us heroes. Don't miss "Waiting for Lefty" in our new space in the
former Coventry School 2843 Washington Blvd. Cleveland Hts. 44118. You'll
love the legroom! Enjoy the restaurants and shops of Coventry Village before
and after the show! Free Parking is located in the school lot on Washington
Blvd. See you at the show!

Show times are 8pm Friday and Saturday and 2pm Sunday through October 30th.
Tickets are $20 for Adults, $18 for Seniors, $10 for Students. There is a $5
Student Rush for non-CH/UH students and $1 Student Rush tickets for CH/UH
Students available 10 minutes before curtain.

For Tickets please call 216-321-2930
or email info at ensemble-theatre.org
or purchase on-line at www.ensemble-theatre.org

--
*PLAY YOUR PART *
*Ensemble Theatre's 2011-2012 Season!*
*NEW SPACE at the Coventry School!*
*2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 44118*
*
*
*WAITING FOR LEFTY*
*by: Clifford Odets*
*Directed by: Ian Hinz*
*Oct. 7-Oct. 30*
*
*
*ST. NICHOLAS*
*by: Conor McPherson*
*Directed by: Sarah May*
*Starring: Dana Hart * *
*Nov. 18-Dec. 11*
*
*
***PANORAMA of AFRICAN AMERICAN THEATRE IV:*
*If not me, who?...If not now, when?  *
*2 Shows in Rep! (Alternating Weekends)*
*Jan. 12-Feb. 19*
*SONG FOR CORETTA*
*by: Pearl Cleage*
*Directed by: Margaret Ford-Taylor*
*LOWER NINTH*
*by: Beau Willimon*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*
*
*THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESITVAL!*
*3 Plays by 3 Cleveland Playrights!*
*Alternating perfomances!  *
*March 8-April 1.*
*DANCING WITH N.E.D.*
*Written and Directed by: Tyler Whidden*
*DESTROYING THE LIGHT*
*By: Sasha Thackaberry   *
*Directed by: Peter Voinovich*
*GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL*
*by: Cindy Dettlebach*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*(Visit Website for Specific Show Dates.)*
*
*
*GRUESOME PLAYGROUND INJURIES*
*by: Rajiv Joseph*
*Directed: by Fred Sternfeld*
*April 27-May 20.*
*
*
*TICKETS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, & **INFORMATION *
*VISIT OUR WEBSITE:*
*www.ensemble-theatre.org*
*EMAIL: *
*info at ensemble-theatre.org*