[NEohioPAL] The Post-Undergraduate Actor, Part 1: Reality Check

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Mon Oct 31 12:12:07 PDT 2011

The Post-Undergraduate Actor, Part 1: Reality Check

A NEW essay by guest writer, Chris Laney, about his experience trying
to find a job in the arts after college graduation.

"During my tenure at Akron, I was established among a large group of
connections, contacts and companions. Now, I live in Florida,
Titusville to be exact– right next to Cape Kennedy. The game is much
different. The economy, after cutting a few thousand jobs since the
shuttle program ended, became further dilapidated.  Moving here, I
hoped to find any job– Target, GameStop…NASA. I wanted to do that
while working on performances.  The latter has gone well, the former
has not."

Continue reading at www.headsupproductions.net