[NEohioPAL] SPECIAL EVENTS to say Farewell to the CSU Factory Theatre!

CSU Theatre & Dance theatre at csuohio.edu
Fri Nov 4 11:02:09 PDT 2011

Farewell to the Factory Theatre
November 10-20, 2011
CSU Department of Theatre and Dance presents
THE TEMPEST

It's a tale of freedom, friendship, repentance, forgiveness, and
temperament. The Cleveland State University Department of Theatre and Dance
will present William Shakespeare's THE TEMPEST at CSU's Factory Theatre from
November 10-20. We hope you can join us for the show and all of our SPECIAL
EVENTS!

SPECIAL EVENTS - THE TEMPEST
Thursday, 11/10/11 - Post-Show Complimentary Catered Reception
Sunday, 11/13/11 - Post-Show Talk Back
Thursday, 11/17/11 - Pre-Show Panel Discussion (begins at 7:00pm!)
Friday, 11/18/11 - Dinner-and-a-Show in partnership with Elements Bistro
($20 for dinner and a show ticket)
Sunday, 11/20/11 - CSU Theatre Alumni Gathering: see the show then say
goodbye! Light refreshments provided. Final curtain!

Show times are Thursday-Saturday at 8 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.  Tickets are
$10 general admission, $8 for non-CSU students and $5 for students, seniors
and CSU faculty/staff.

The Factory Theatre is located at 1833 East 24th Street, between Chester and
Payne avenues. This will be the last performance in this historic space
before the Department of Theatre and Dance moves downtown to the Allen
Theatre complex.

According to director Allan Byrne, "For more than forty years, The Factory
Theatre has been the space for some of the most exciting and innovative
theatre in Cleveland - a space that enriched the lives of students,
professionals, and all who loved the theatre. Soon this space will no longer
be. It is fitting that THE TEMPEST, which was Shakespeare's final full play,
and his farewell to theatre, should be our last play in this historic
building. . I remind myself that a theatre is not a building, but the spirit
of the artists in it."

Featuring CSU faculty, staff, students and alumni, THE TEMPEST begins with
weather and mischief. When a storm strikes a royal ship, the party on board
has no idea that this is only the beginning of their adventure, and that the
magician on the nearby island has plans for them.

For more information or to purchase tickets, visit
<http://www.csuohio.edu/theatre> www.csuohio.edu/theatre, or call the
Factory Theatre Box Office at 216-687-2109.