[NEohioPAL] Quick orchestra assembly required!

guspainter at aol.com guspainter at aol.com
Mon Nov 7 06:37:50 PST 2011

Here's the situation;  I've taken on an emergency fill in for a production of "The Wizard of Oz" with Olmsted performing arts) and I have been commissioned to put together the orchestra fast fast fast!

So, here are the instruments needed:

Reed 1 (Al, Clar, bass clar.)

Reed 2 (Ten, Fl, clar)

Reed 3 (bari, fl, clar)

Trumpet

Horn

Piano

Percussion

Violin 1

Violin 2

Bass

I think I already have the Reed 1 and the Violin 1, possible the 2nd violin and Bass player, though that has yet to be confirmed.

The gig runs Monday through Saturday of next week!! (November 14th-19th)  Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are tech rehearsals, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are performances.  There are 2 performances on Saturday, at 2 and 7.  All the nights begin at 7pm.  I'm looking to do a read through of the music prior to tech, (things just go better that way)  I am tentatively planning for this Thursday evening at 7pm at North Ridgeville, and/or Sunday night at 7pm but that will be dependent on the schedules of those involved.  I would absolutely need the musicians starting on Monday November 14th, and every night thereafter.  If you have any conflicts for any of those nights, sorry, but I can't use you this time.  (I can deal with late arrivals if it's not too terrible)

The gig pays $100 for the week.  I know it's meager, but it's not a lot of time, and the book is not challenging.  There are minimal cuts and everything is pretty straight forward.

If you are interested, get back to me ASAP

Thank you
Josh Cutting