[NEohioPAL] Last week of Ya Mama! with Nina Domingue

Rebecca Hill rhill at cptonline.org
Mon Nov 7 12:41:29 PST 2011

Ya Mama!
Playing Monday (TONIGHT!), Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7pm.

Come see what audiences are raving about!  Nina Domingue stars in her one-woman, autobiographical play Ya Mama!

"Domingue, an eloquent artist of more colors than Crayola, and who has the refined skill of someone twice her age at least, does not merely unveil the darkest times of her life, but enlightens as well, telling a moving tale that pulled me in." - Andrew Rothkin,  nyctheatre.com

Ya Mama! is a one woman show that explores how being an artist, a wife, a mother, a Christian, and a Black woman collide in my life. "I have an unrealized relationship with my biological mother, who died when I was very young and a confusing relationship with my stepmother, who is living. The experiences are diametrically opposed as I shape who I am as a mother of three; something neither of them did. And how do I balance all of the things that make me, 'me'? Sometimes, I don't...How will this fadge?"

Nina, who was last seen at CPT in her heralded performance of No Child, once again plays multiple characters in this seamless one-woman show that swings from comedy to tragedy.

Ya Mama! was developed as part of CPT's Big Box performance series and accepted into the 2011 New York Fringe Festival.

Monday and Thursday evening tickets are just $10!!!!    Friday enjoy a free beverage after the show with us and Saturday is closing night!!!
(Friday and Saturday tickets are $25. Senior and Student $3 discount)

For more information visit www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org> or call (216) 631.2727

Rebecca Hill
Marketing
Cleveland Public Theatre