[NEohioPAL] Check out scores of testimonials about FPAC's acclaimed training

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at fairmountcenter.org
Tue Nov 8 04:53:24 PST 2011

*Winter Training is coming up soon - details below.*
*
*
*AND, we will be announcing our summer training program in a few weeks.*
*
*
*TESTIMONIALS ARE BELOW THE LINK ABOUT WINTER TRAINING - *

 *FAIRMOUNT PERFORMING ARTS CONSERVATORY
WINTER BREAK PROGRAM** ** *

DATES & SCHEDULE:
December 19 - 30, 2011. Modeled after our popular summer program, we are
pleased to offer a variety of 1, 2 and 5 day options of the Professional
Training Workshop and Production Workshop! Half and full day programs are
available. This program has been designed to accommodate the varying
Northeast Ohio school system's winter break schedules.

Check out this link for complete details about our offerings:

http://www.fairmountcenter.org/FPAC_winter/index.html

 *Testimonials from students, parents and others...
*(excerpted from student evaluations, emails and letters)

FPAC has given me the best training possible through a vast amount of well
taught and structured classes. All the people I have met here are extremely
talented and are friends I know I will have for a lifetime.
Gabriel Brown

SUPERB! I wouldn’t pick anywhere else to spend my summer! All the staff are
incredibly talented people willing to help you and befriend you. Mitchell
Fields has wonderful ideas and makes you feel at home. He’s taught me so
much. In the productions, everyone has so much talent! I learn by watching
them. I’ve taken the skills I’ve learned at the training into rehearsal.
Maddie Small

FPAC is a family and I have never been with such a professional program
before. The instructors became my friends and they were wonderful
throughout the process. It was wonderful! Love all the staff! Everyone is
talented or been in the biz, so they are wise to what we are going through.
Bebe and Melissa are a wonderful team. I enjoyed every dance lesson. Lara
and Bob had different takes on acting and reacting and I’m glad I got to
work with both of them. Sean and David were a blast! Les Miz is one of my
favorite scores, but to be a part of a cast that spends so much time
together, never fights, and acts as professionals, as a privilege – Les Miz
– and experience I will always remember.
Tom Sweeney

Dear Fred,
For a long while I have been meaning to thank you for the wonderful
recommendation you wrote me for Interlochen. Things have been extremely
chaotic and busy since the start of school so I haven't had the time to
really thank you for everything you have done for me these past couple
years. Without FPAC I guarantee I would not be at Interlochen right now.
FPAC has given me so much more than just a fun summer experience. It has
given me the tools and techniques to develop a character, analyze a script
and stand out in my auditions. All the training FPAC has provided me has
given me such an advantage over others my age and none of it would have
been possible without your guidance. I will forever be grateful for the
world of theatre that you opened up for me. You not only allowed me to take
control of my passion and begin sculpting it, but you provided a nurturing
environment with incredible teachers to help me with the process. The
training I have received from you will be with me forever. I just wanted to
take this brief message to let you know that I appreciate you always being
on my side and I will never take my training for granted. Please keep in
touch and best of luck with your upcoming season!
Billy Lawrence

Mitchell Fields is awesome – love him. SUPERB program.
Madeline Kranz

Thanks to Sarahlynne, Fred, David and Bebe for making this one of the most
rewarding experiences for Lauryn, and no doubt, the entire cast of Les
Miz!  She has had so much fun, and is truly in her element.  She has
learned and grown so much in this short time.  The show is amazing, so
moving and extremely professional!  I consider it an honor that you have
allowed her to participate and look forward to her participation in the
Professional Training Program!  FPAC is wonderful!
Gina Hobbs, Lauryn Hobbs mother

Not only are the productions that are presented by FPAC of an astounding
quality and a level of professionalism that rivals the most celebrated
theatre organizations in Northeast Ohio, but the direction and instruction
that the performers and stage crew--especially those under the age of 18--
receive from Mr. Sternfeld and his staff is invaluable.  Those artists who
become a part of the FPAC family truly learn to hone their skills and
develop a passion, respect and love for the theatre that is so evident in
their performances.  The absolute power of such productions as the Ohio
premiere of "13: The Musical" and "Les Miserables: School Edition" is
undeniable as the audiences are moved, lifted, and inspired to such a
degree that they soon forget they are watching children perform in
community theatre.  That is because they are extraordinarily talented
artists who receive sound instruction from Mr. Sternfeld and his team.
They are not "kids performing in a little community show"...they are ACTORS
performing at an astoundingly professional level that the audiences become
fully engaged in the storytelling and moved to such a degree that can only
be described as "haunting" in the best way...in the way that the
(emotional) experience of seeing the productions stays with them for a very
long time.  The experiences and lessons these young actors learn from FPAC
will undoubtedly remain with them throughout their lives.
Peter Fields (award winning independent film director)
Visit the world of
Little Beth Entertainment
http://www.littlebeth.com
Award Winning Independent Films

Thank you for giving my children . . . all these children . . . the
opportunity to be a part of this extraordinary theatre experience.  As an
audience member several times I was transported, each time as if it were
the first.  These kids are wonderful artists.  The show was breathtaking.
Sheri Martini

Thank you to Fred for a fabulous show !!! The girls enjoyed camp and the
show so, so, so much.  Many new friendships!
Thanks..
Kristin Nelson

I am humming songs in my head and have been since walking out of the show
on Sunday - continually at work I hum away Les Miz tunes...what a triumph
for such talented youth and for Adam to be part of the show was a wonderful
gift. Thanks again, Fred!  I heard Adam telling a friend that she MUST do
an FPAC show next summer - thank goodness, as you mentioned, that finally
after 5 summers Adam decided to perform in an FPAC show and what a
wonderful summer to choose.
Take care, Fred.
Liz Hass-Hill, mother of Adam Hass-Hill

LOVE FPAC! Great Staff.  Les Miz was a great experience!
Zoe Simon

SUPERB! I loved the program! The staff is so welcoming. SO MUCH FUN! Les
Miz was absolutely awesome. PERFECT.
Evan Teicher

FPAC is awesome! I learned so much and had a lot of fun at the same time!
Les Miz was awesome. Love the staff!
Ona Martini

Everybody was so nice and I learned so much (more than I imagined!) during
these two weeks. The staff was so professional and nice and helpful. Scene
Study helped me so much. I love musical theatre! It was so much fun! I’d
recommend this to anyone who loves musical theatre because it helped me
grow as a performer so much!  Les Miserables was amazing! I was honored to
work with so many talented people in the cast.
Michelle Ordillas

SUPERB PROGRAM! Mitchell Fields is a superb teacher!
Siobhan Carroll

I will always appreciate what the staff of 2011 FPAC have taught me. Acting
is a passion that I take seriously. Since my first summer at FPAC in 2009
and now again this summer I learned a lot and really enjoyed it. I am so
thankful for the staff. They have made each day into something great. I
learned things every day despite having been here before. Sean Szaller is
humble, but very talented and David Robeano is also great and talented. Bob
Russell and Lara Mielcarek taught me so much and helped me to grow. David
and Sean are just fantastic because they treat us as though we are adults
and are really straight up about things. They also are funny, supportive
and helpful. Bob helped me with my confidence and acting ability as did
Lara. Bob is so supportive and funny and taught me so much – he is amazing
and left me with much more insight about myself and acting. Lara is fun,
caring and someone who encouraged me to continue to grow.  Les Miserables
is so amazing. This show brought many to tears and gave me chills. The
production is beyond fantastic.
Amiele Goldrich

Mitchell was so helpful and it was great.  SUPERB.
Whitney Rich

SPECTACULAR! I love FPAC! I thought it was wonderful! I can’t wait to come
back for 3rd session! I am convinced this is the best program in Cleveland.
Teachers are amazing! I learned more in these 3 weeks than I ever knew
possible and I will really be able to apply it to my work! Bob really knew
how to push us to be our best. I loved music class! It was so fun and
helpful! I love dance and Bebe is AMAZING! I can’t wait for the dance
specialty 3rd session! SUPERB! The best theatre program I have ever done. I
learned so much working in Brodie and the other two productions were
awesome!
Clare Snape

I had tons of fun, made new friends and learned so much at the same
time!  Everyone
was so nice and I loved how each instructor had different ways of teaching.
I learned so much about what to do and also what not to do in an audition
and when you get a scene. Movement was very fun and interesting. I learned
how we all have to focus together in order for something to work. Music was
so much fun! I love to sing and I learned some songs that I can sing in
auditions.  LES MIZ WAS AWESOME.
Arielle Tindel

This was my first time here and it was the best time of my life. Les Miz =
BEST SHOW EVER!
Kayla Gerogosian

The best theatre camp in the world! I love is so much. Everyone is
supportive, and helpful, and fun! Improvisation is fun, entertaining and
you think on your feet!
Maggie Zetzer

I think it was a really great program. The staff was really helpful, and so
amazing. Superb!
Charles Miller

Wonderful. The scenes I was given were challenging and really helped me
improve.  Movement class was so much fun! I loved singing – it really gave
me confidence.
Abby Richardson

Going to FPAC, I’ve learned so much about acting, dance, singing and myself
as an actress!
Julia Lang

It was amazing!! I would love to come back next year. I made so many
friends. It also helped me a lot with my acting techniques. Improv – it was
really fun with Bob! He made it really easy to understand. Singing is one
of my favorite things to do and David made it fun and easier.
Jordan Newkirk

Great! Superb!
Josh Hall

I really love FPAC; it’s the best part of my summer. The entire staff is
really great and know what they are doing. I’m a singer first, then an
actress, so this helped me broaden my horizons.  I really love how improve
makes you think on the spot. You stay in the moment. Les Miserables is my
favorite show, I was thrilled to be in it!
Hannah Gang

It was a fun experience. I’m glad I’m coming next session too! The staff
helped make me a stronger singer and actress. Loved Les Miz. It was an
amazing experience! I’m in Jean Brodie – Amazing!
Mia Knight

This is, by far, the best acting camp I’ve been to! Amazing! I had lots of
fun, made lots of friends, and learned soooo much!
Caroline Turner

I loved these three weeks. I learned a lot and my dancing is improved. Bebe
was the best. In addition to being funny, kind and helpful, she taught me
more in these three weeks than I’ve ever learned before.
Sabrina K. Downey

Superb! I love it at FPAC and I have to come back!  All the staff are
amazing!  Dance Workshop is absolutely fantastic!!  Learned more in 3 weeks
than I thought possible.  Les Miz – BEST SHOW I have ever done! No other
process gives acting and voice training within the rehearsals and the
difference is immense.
Shea Lee

I love FPAC! It’s like my second home. Everyone here is like my family. The
staff is all amazing! They all really want to help us get better and do all
they can to help us learn. Les Miz was one of the best experiences I’ve
ever had. SUPERB!
Tia Karaplis

This was my first year at FPAC and I absolutely loved it! It was a great
way to learn and improve in acting, singing and dancing. I made so many new
friends and learned so much! The overall program was awesome! I learned so
much and grew as an actress! Every teacher was so amazing and I’m glad I
got to experience FPAC.
Blythe Tokar

SUPERB. I learned more in a couple of weeks then I had learned over 17
years. Amazing staff. Each staff member taught me something new and
valuable. Bob and Lara were both phenomenal to work with in Scene Study. I
absolutely LOVED Wendy! She was so chill and knowledgeable.  Les Miz – Oh
my gosh. I feel so grateful to not only perform in a show that not many
young people get to be a part of, but to work with a staff of such a high
caliber.
Jessica Hirsh

The program was an amazing experience. I loved having classes with Bob
Russell, Lara Mielcarek and all the other staff. They were all so
professional and supportive. Very professional and I learned a lot
throughout the Les Miz process.
Carly Ameling

SUPERB!  I learned a tremendous amount of applicable info. I loved working
with all the staff.
Sarah Doody

I had an amazing time! The whole program was “superb!” I loved it! Les Miz
was wonderful! I learned so much!
Olivia Roth

I learned so much! It gave me many useful tools I will definitely use in
the future. Musical Theatre was always so much fun and I learned so much
from people with experience in the industry – it was excellent. I had so
much fun in Les Miz and it was a great show.
Sara Saltzer

I love FPAC! I learned so much and had a ton of fun.
Sophi Dennis

Superb. The musical theatre specialty was amazing and gave me so much
knowledge and thoughts about theatre as a career in the future. The real
life of a professional actors “conversations” made you really think about
what you want to do with your future.
Jessie Pollak

Musical Theatre Workshop was a great learning experience which opened up
our minds to the real world of professional musical theatre.  Les Miz was
superb.
Ethan Newburger

FPAC is amazing + so much fun!  I learned so much and grew in all aspects
of theater! The staff are so helpful and knowledgeable! I had way too much
fun in Les Miz. The cast and creative team were so fantastic!
Leah Saltzer

Yay! FPAC!!  FPAC has been such a home for me. I’ve made so many friends
that I know I will keep in touch with throughout the school year It also
gave me the confidence to get involved with theatre beyond my little sphere
of school.  I couldn’t have imagined that I would love doing dance so full
heartedly, but through Bebe and Melissa’s instruction I found a niche. I
loved being involved in Les Miz – even as a spot op I felt such a sense of
community.
Sarah Doody

As my first summer at FPAC, I have sincerely enjoyed every second of my
time as a part of the shows, the training and all the fun. I have been
welcomed by the people and staff and cannot wait to continue in the program
for the next couple of years. I’ve really enjoyed being a part of Les
Miserables and Big this summer. My experience at FPAC has been superb!
Annie Schiferl

Amazing! This program is wonderful and is so professional, it has helped so
much. The shows here are top-notch! The rehearsals and performances are
absolutely outstanding.
Emily Wirthwein

FPAC never ceases to challenge me and push me to be better, and it shows! I
had made, and will continue to make, so much progress here. Superb!
Abigail Erwin

I love FPAC! I was here 3 years ago and I loved it! I’m back and I love it!
The staff was wonderful and they really wanted to help us. I love Sean and
Bob!
Emily Topilow

Superb. I loved it. I learned a lot. The productions were so good!
Morgan Trau

Everything was amazing. So fun. Loved it!
Halle Elman

Superb. They’re not exactly teachers, but friends. J Improv – LOVE IT!
Madi Task

The most fun I’ve ever had while actually learning something, mostly
because we were treated more like students than campers! Staff are superb.
It was a great program!
Ruth Geye

SUPERB!! I really liked it.
Ryan Vincent

SO MUCH FUN!! Anytime we had a question the staff was always there to help.
I got to meet so many new friends!
Madison Chaitoff

I learned so much from everyone here. SUPERB STAFF!
Aubrey Fink

I LOVED my time @ FPAC. Thanks for a great summer! J Loved everyone I
worked with. The staff is excellent! I had a blast.
Hannah Maier

SUPERB! Coming back next year. Go Bob! He’s fantastic.
Kaitlyn Regan

I had a very good time. It was challenging and fun.
Liam Oznowich

I LOVE FPAC!!!!  Awesome, just awesome. I love to be in FPAC productions so
much.
Hannah Selhorst

FPAC is a great program for actors and I have loved it here for the two
years I’ve been here. I loved the staff! Great. Les Miz was wonderful.
Allison Factor

The dance intensive continues to be truly spectacular. It has helped me
greatly in the areas of strength, flexibility and technique.
Dan Hoy

LOVE FPAC! The staff is really professional. LOVED doing Les Miz and Big.
Zoe Simon

FPAC is like my second home. I LOVE FPAC. J Les Miz was one of the best
experiences of my life!
Tia Karaplis

FPAC is the best acting training conservatory I have ever joined – I love
it! FPAC is really well done, very organized and a lot of fun. I love the
way our training is taken seriously and every class is intended for our
benefit. Staff is fantastic – very kind and considerate. The Dance Workshop
was very challenging, but so much fun I couldn’t wait to arrive each day.
Sabrina K. Downey

A great acting program year after year. Really encourages growth and
improvement in students. Superb! A great staff with a wide range of
experiences and abilities. They were able to answer all my questions and
were kind and helpful. The Dance Workshop, over just three weeks,
transformed my dancing abilities and confidence. Les Miz was really
amazing. The FPAC shows are always terrific.
Tessa Murthy

Superb staff! Improv – we did lots of different things and I improved a
lot! Les Miz was great.
Larry Fulton

FPAC was my first acting camp and my favorite!
Caitlin Cronin

Superb! I learned so much. I love all my teachers.
Julia Rossi

Les Miz was one of, if not the best and most fun shows I have ever been in.
Adam Hass-Hill

Very fun – learned a lot! Very nice staff.
Matthew McAllister

Superb. The overall program gave me skills to use in future situations.
Brendan Hall

--
Fred Sternfeld
Artistic Director, Fairmount Performing Arts Conservatory (FPAC)

http://www.fairmountcenter.org/popups/fredsternfeld.html