[NEohioPAL] Thank You to Clothing Historians and Period Costumers

Bruce Jennings dadsongs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:04:59 PST 2011

One again, Neohiopal came through!

Last week, I requested help with dating a photograph of some lovely
late-19th century women...presumably ancestors. As I had predicted,
you came through for me with flying colors. You also must have brought
me luck, because I will soon own the original! The owner also sent me
a much higher definition scan, which really made a big difference.

Here were the results, quoted from the emails:

"1880's to early 1900's...turn of the century date... 1899, but if
this is Pennsylvania it is probably a few years later as rural areas
got fashions later...I think you are probably about right, but if
there is any erring, I would err on the earlier side...I'd place the
photograph around 1895-1896."

My guess was 1895 -1905. If you too want to "play",
http://williamsvariations.blogspot.com/2011/10/mrs.html has the
complete story. This is my family history blog. Thanks so much!

Bruce Jennings
Shaker Heights, Ohio

PS: If you want to see the higher res photo, I'll be glad to send it
to you. Likewise, if you'd like to venture a guess, I'd very much
welcome that as well.