[NEohioPAL] The Glass Menagerie opens December 9th

Bernadette Clemens clemens.bernadette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 07:58:11 PST 2011

THE ACADEMY FOR THE PERFORMING ARTS

Presents

THE GLASS MENAGERIE

BY TENNESSEE WILLIAMS

*Directed by Bernadette Clemens*

Produced by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service, Inc.

Set & Lighting Design by Ben Needham
Costume Design by Caitlin Sandham
Sound Design by Bernadette Clemens & Ross Newbauer
Stage Managed by Sarah Lynne Nicholas

Performed in the Studio Theatre at Chagrin Falls High School

*Friday, December 9th 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 10th 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, December 11th 2:30 p.m.

ADULT TICKETS $12.00
STUDENTS & SENIORS $7.00*
**
*For reservations go to:
**www.chagrinacademy.org*<http://www.chagrinacademy.org/>
*and select ORDER TICKETS. Or call **440-715-4004* <440-715-4004>
 The Academy for the Performing Arts
At the Chagrin Falls High School Performing Arts Center
400 East Washington Street Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022

   *CAST:*
Tom Wingfield              - DAVID LEVITZ
Amanda Wingfield        - EMILY EVANS
Laura Wingfield            - KELLI WANAMAKER
Jim O’Connor              - PATRICK MOONEY

*Spread the word... Complimentary Tickets to interested Academy Students!*
Comps are available for students from any of Excel-Tecc’s high schools who
request an audition or information pack for The Academy.  Eligible schools
are:
Aurora, West Geauga, Solon, Orange, Beachwood, Mayfield, Brush, Richmond
Hts, and Chagrin Falls. Limit one comp per student.  To reserve your comp
go to www.chagrinacademy.org and click on Request an Info Pak that includes
one comp ticket.

The Academy for the Performing Arts
is a program of EXCEL TECC serving juniors and seniors in 9 area school
districts:
www.mayfieldschools.org/exceltecc/webtecc/excel_tecc.htm

FROM TENNESSEE WILLIAMS:

*“All my life I have been haunted by the obsession that to desire a thing
or to love a thing intensely is to place yourself in a vulnerable position,
to be a possible, if not a probable, loser of what you most want… I can’t
expose a human weakness on the stage unless I know it through having it
myself.  Guilt is universal…the deep dark of despair that haunts our
dreams, our creative work, and makes us distrust each other… I would say
that there is something much bigger in life and death than we have become
aware of in our living and dying. And further, to compound this shameless
romanticism, I would say that our serious theatre is a search for that
something that is not yet successful but is still goin g on.”  *

*-         The New York Times, March 8, 1959.*