[NEohioPAL] Shows, Concerts and Events for the Holidays: December News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Thu Dec 1 14:14:34 PST 2011

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE
  _December 2011 News _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in December...*
      o *December 3 : /A Tribute to Steve Shields (see below)/*
      o *NOW - December 18 : */*SCROOGE*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>/
      o *NOW - December 10**:* /*A TUNA CHRISTMAS*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>/
        /(River Street Playhouse/)
      o *December 10 - 11:* Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea
        <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>
      o *December 22 - 23 :* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday
        Concert
        <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/cfso-holiday.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>
      o *December 31 :* New Year's Eve Show - Pat Mazzarino & Friends
        <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>

  * *Coming in January...*
      o *January 7 - February 28:* */WINTER YOUTH THEATRE/* - See
        www.CVLT.org/youth
        <http://www.CVLT.org/youth?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>
        for details!
      o *January 13 - February 4:* ENCHANTED APRIL

      CVLT celebrates the holidays, and pays tribute Steve Shields...

On *SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3 at 11 AM*, Chagrin Valley Little Theatre will
be holding a memorial tribute to our long time friend, Mr. Steve
Shields, who we lost on October 27. Mr. Shields was an extremely
important partner and supporter of our organization for several decades,
not least of which by making his 56 River Street building available to
us for the storage of our costumes, scenery, and props, as well as his
co-founding and gracious hosting of our River Street Playhouse stage.

The tribute, which is open to all who knew Steve, will include remarks
from a variety of CVLT leaders past and present, including Tom and Jo
Ann Neff, June Forbes Woodman, Rollin DeVere, Kate Tonti, Yvonne E.
Pilarczyk, and Don Edelman. We will also hear remembrances from Steve's
friend Dr. Karl Haecker, as well as broadcaster Bette Moss. Jan Jones
and Pat Mazzarino will be MC and moderator for the presentation, which
will include an excerpt from this summer's /The Sunshine Boys/ featuring
Frank Mularo and Don Edelman, and musical honors from Holly Merholz,
David Keith Stiver, and Regis Bookshar's trumpet ensemble. The event is
expected to last roughly an hour, with a post-reception in the River Room.

In less somber news, December includes FIVE holiday events for your
entertainment, including our musical SCROOGE
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>
and our adult comedy A TUNA CHRISTMAS
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>,
both of which already have some sold-out performances, as well as our
27th annual HOLIDAY SHOW & GINGERBREAD TEA with SANTA
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>
and a musical revue on NEW YEAR'S EVE with Pat Mazzarino and friends
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>.
Also, the Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra returns with their yearly
HOLIDAY CONCERT
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/cfso-holiday.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>,
featuring the premiere of an original Christmas musical show arranged by
Bill Corcoran.

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */A Tuna Christmas
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>/*

*NOW - December 10, 2011
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM*

by Jaston Williams, Joe Sears & Ed Howard

*SOME PERFORMANCES ALREADY SOLD OUT! GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!*

*TICKETS: *$10

*Buy tickets online at http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by Yvonne E. Pilarczyk

Starring
David Malinowski & Joseph Dunn

The second in the series of hilarious "Tuna, Texas" comedies by Jaston
Williams, Joe Sears, and Ed Howard which features just two actors
playing over twenty eccentric characters of all ages and sexes!

In this installment, the Tuna, Texas annual Christmas Yard Display
Contest has been thrown a curve by a mysterious vandal who sabotages the
displays! Meanwhile, the townsfolk try to manage their own crazy holiday
turmoil, including family woes, probation problems, and an ill-fated
production of /A Christmas Carol/. This is wildly funny holiday
entertainment for the grown ups!

    */Scrooge
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>/*

*NOW - December 18
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM
Sundays Nov. 27, Dec. 4*** & 18 at 2 PM *

Book, Music and Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

*TICKETS: *$18 regular, $14 students/seniors

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by Michael J. Rogan
Musical Direction by David Keith Stiver
Choreographed by Laura Rightnour-Henri

Charles Dickens' classic /A Christmas Carol/ was adapted by renowned
writer/composer/lyricist Leslie Bricusse (composer of /Willy Wonka/,
among others) for the 1970 film. The popular family film was adapted for
the stage, and CVLT is proud to present it as an audience-pleaser for
your holiday season!

*** Tickets for the December 4th matinee are available exclusively
through Friends of WomenSafe <http://www.fows.info/>, a 501(c)3
non-profit with the sole mission of generating unrestricted funds for
WomenSafe. Since 1980, WomenSafe has served victims of domestic violence
throughout NE Ohio by providing crisis shelter, counseling, legal
advocacy, relocation and therapy services free of charge. Tickets for
the 12/4 matinee only are being sold exclusive through their
organization. If you wish to attend this performance, we encourage you
to call (440) 285-3741 for tickets.

    */Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>/*

*December 10 & 11, 2011
Saturday & Sunday at 1:00 & 3:30 PM*

*TICKETS: *$8 all seats, $2-add on for 'tea'***
Reservations highly recommended!

*Buy tickets online at http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingerbread.php
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

This show, focused toward children 10 and under has Santa, Mrs. Claus,
Rudolph, Frosty, Gingerbread Boy, and Queen Evergreen, along with Elves,
Toy Soldiers, and the usual two villains, Old Man Winter and Jackie
Frost. There is a short Christmas play which includes the kids in the
audience coming up on stage to sing with the characters and then also
has the villains being chased through the audience. It is a fun packed
half hour which concludes with the children walking across the stage as
they visit with Mousie the puppet, cuddle with Rudolph, and talk with
Santa, if they so choose. Parents are encouraged to bring their cameras
to capture the great pictures during and after the show!

*** Gingerbread Tea featuring gingerbread and beverages is available
upstairs in CVLT's River Room a half-hour before and after each
showtime. Tea is served at 12:30 & 1:30 for 1 PM shows and 3:00 & 4:00
for 3:30 PM shows. Tea seating is limited to 60 per tea-time, so reserve
now! When purchasing show tickets, please specify which tea time (if
any) you wish to add-on for each show ticket you've selected.

    */New Year's Eve
    Pat Mazzarino & Friends
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>/*

*December 31, 2011
Saturday at 8 PM *

*TICKETS: *$25 (wine and hors d'oevures included)

*Buy tickets online at http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/newyear.php
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

We invite you to once again ring in the New Year with us at the Theatre!

CVLT veteran PAT MAZZARINO and your hostess for the evening, WKHR 91.5's
"Satin Doll" BETTE MOSS, invite you to welcome 2012 with some of the
classic Broadway showstoppers that have graced the CVLT stage over the
past 82 years!

CVLT musical director and pianist DAVID KEITH STIVER will accompany
performances by DON EDELMAN, LISA TARR, SHARON LLOYD, husband/wife team
WAYNE and HOLLY MERHOLZ, plus a very special treat - father and daughter
RALPH and SUE BEATTIE, whose roots date back to the early years of CVLT,
sharing the stage!

After the show, join us for hors d'oeuvres and wine in the theatre's
River Room. You'll be out in time to make your midnight destinations!

    */Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra
    Holiday Concert
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/cfso-holiday.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>/*

*December 22 & 23, 2011
Thursday & Friday nights at 7 PM *

*TICKETS: *$20 adult, $15 child or student with valid ID

*Buy tickets online at
http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/cfso-holiday.php
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/cfso-holiday.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

Steve Eva and Studio Orchestra will delight the whole family once again
with their annual Wassail Christmas Concert full of your favorite
Christmas songs and true Holiday spirit.

This year the Orchestra will be presenting an original Christmas Musical
with singer/actors, presented in the Broadway spirit and custom arranged
for the Studio Orchestra by Bill Corcoran. Bill Corcoran has
professionally written and produced musical theater for over 30 years
including numerous original works. Do not miss this premiere presentation!

The Wassail concert has become an annual Chagrin tradition, and is
family-friendly in the tradition of holiday caroling. As the 45-piece
Studio Orchestra performs, the audience is encouraged to "wassail" along
to beloved Christmas carols including Chestnuts Roasting on an Open
Fire, Silver Bells, Frosty the Snowman, We Need a Little Christmas, and
Jingle Bells. Children in particular will delight in a special visit
from Santa Claus during the concerts.

*GET YOUR BRICK!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for bricks to install when the weather turns
warm again, so bisit http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>
to order yours today!

    Still to come in our 82nd Season...
    <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dec2011>

*MAIN STAGE PLAYS & MUSICALS:*
Enchanted April (January 13 - February 4, 2012)
The Drowsy Chaperone (March 16 - April 14, 2012)
A Night in Provence (June 1 - 23, 2012)
Hairspray (July 20 - August 18, 2012)

*RIVER STREET PLAYHOUSE:*
Yankee Tavern (February 10 - 25, 2012)
The Gin Game (April 20 - May 5, 2012)
A Steady Rain (June 29 - July 14, 2012)
Belles: A play in two acts and thirty-nine phone calls (August 10 - 25,
2012)

*SPECIAL EVENTS:*
Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea (December 10 - 11, 2011)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert (December 22 - 23, 2011)
New Year's Eve Show - Pat Mazzarino & Friends (December 31, 2011)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert (February 11, 2012)
Youth Theater Show (February 25 - 26, 2012)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Spring Concert (May 12, 2012)

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.