[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio: Leadership U[niversity]

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Fri Dec 2 13:10:57 PST 2011

>> Leadership U[niversity]
>>
>> The newest episode of Heads Up Arts Radio is up!
>>
>> HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
>> arts community of Northeast Ohio.

Episode 33: Leadership U[niversity]

“When it’s ‘it’– I’ll know.”

*Disclaimer: Benjamin is terrible at pronunciation and butchers
several names throughout this episode.  Apologizes all around.

Hosts Benjamin Rexroad and TJ Jozsa discuss their search for a one-on-
one mentor to participate in the Theatre Communications Group
Leadership U[niversity] grant.
The Leadership U[niversity] grant awards $75,000 to 6 early career
theater professionals to study one-on-one with a mentor
$75,000 is WAY more than Benjamin or TJ– combined– in a year
How to narrow down a list of approximately 700 TCG theaters
Theatre Communications Group Member Theaters ÷ The Network of Ensemble
Theaters = 39 theaters
Benjamin and TJ’s criteria for potential theaters
Benjamin recounts a story of his (rejected) approach to directing Grease
The theater must make your heart sing
 From 39 theaters to 12
Getting advice from a current mentor – check out New World Performance
Laboratory
The Top 5:
Lookingglass Theatre Company
Dell’Arte International