[NEohioPAL] Film Acting Class: Teen and Adult at the Big Dog Theatre in Cleveland Heights Free Preview December 8

Mandy Miller mandymiller121 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:16:26 PST 2011

Hello all! We are pleased to announce that we will be adding a teen course to JW's film acting classes. We are starting tomorrow, December 8 and we are still accepting students in both teen and adult divisions. Here are the details:

When: December 8, 15, 22, January 5, 12, 19 and 24

Teen Division (12 to 17) 4 pm to 6 pm

Adult Division (18 and over) 6 pm to 9 pm

Where: Big Dog Theatre, 2781 Euclid Heights Blvd, Cleveland Heights, OH 44106

The December 8 class will be a FREE PREVIEW!

We appreciate everyone's patience with us as we have tried to get this going. The response back to me when I asked for help with a space was overwhelming and this is our way of saying THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

To take part in the course: Please submit an email to route40classes at gmail.com with a short intro of yourself and why you would want to participate. We accept beginner students but if you have head shots or a link to a demo reel, attach those to your email.

After the December 8 class, the prices will be $210 for teens and $335 for adults.

Additional Information: The course is a high-energy, fun,
hands-on scene study/film acting technique course, conducted by a
working director. It will also cover a wide variety of topics, including
 Auditioning/Cold Reading, Improvisation, the Business of Acting,
Producing, and the Film Business today. Actors should be prepared to
work several times in every session.

JW Myers Bio: JW is a
 seasoned veteran of the Los Angeles independent film arena.  Recently,
he produced and directed "Doughboy," a feature film shot in Wheeling,
WV. It enjoyed a Special Engagement with Marquee Cinemas in WV.  It will
 be released widely through PB&K Media in February 2012. He also
completed the feature "Special School," and is currently in
development/pre-production on three other untitled projects with Route
40 Films/Flyover Films. He plans to begin filming in March. He serves as the director and producer of all of
 these projects. In 2009, he directed an autism awareness DVD, "The
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. Approach Volume I: It Doesn't Have to be This Hard."

Early
 in his career, he wrote, directed, and/or produced several indie
features and shorts. Along the way, he appeared as an actor in numerous
television and independent film projects over the years, including "Live
 Shot", "America's Most Wanted", and "Angels Among Us". He also taught
at the prestigious Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute in Los
Angeles, as well as his own school, IdiotCentral, and Scene Study
classes with Dee Wallace (Stone) and the (Christina) Hempstead Studios.
He directed and performed with several traveling improvisational groups,
 playing such venues as The Comedy Store, The Laugh Factory, and The Ice
 House. He holds a B.A. in Theatre from Frostburg State University in
Maryland, and an M.A. in Psychology from the University of Santa Monica
in California. He currently resides in Ohio with his wife and two young
children.