[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio: Big Box, Week 1: "The Dreamer" and "My Dear Boy"

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Wed Dec 28 11:58:52 PST 2011

>> Big Box, Week 1: "The Dreamer" and "My Dear Boy"
>>
>> The newest episode of Heads Up Arts Radio is up!
>>
>> HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
>> arts community of Northeast Ohio.

Episode 35: Big Box, Week 1: “The Dreamer” and “My Dear Boy”

Host Benjamin Rexroad interviews Amy Compton and Tim Tavcar, guest
artists in Cleveland Public Theatre’s Big Box Series.
Coming to you from CPT’s East Storefront performance space.
The Dreamer created by Amy Compton
Originally when conceiving the piece, it was about unrequited love
Singing, dancing and letters to Oprah Winfrey
Trees with no leaves = unrequited love
Something beautiful out of something awful
Why would I be so in love with someone who doesn’t really seem to
notice me?
Amy’s background as an artist
It’s easier to play by yourself sometimes…
The one-woman rehearsal process
The hardest part of creating the show
Little boxes in the closest…
Syncronicity and Carl Jung
Where you can find Amy (You can’t):
Facebook
Youtube
My Dear Boy: Gay Love Letters Through the Ages adapted and directed by
Tim Tavcar
Based on the book My Dear Boy: Gay Love Letters Through the Centuries
edited by Rictor Norton
A series of staged letters that speak to people of all affectional
preferences
A smaller version of this production was originally commissioned by a
gay and lesbian community center in Vermont
Love chooses us…
A fact about ancient gay relationships
How the book was compiled
Tim’s history in Northeast Ohio and beyond…
Why it’s easy for Tim to break into acting and not directing
About Tim’s company: Wordstage
The Dreamer and My Dear Boy
January 5-7, 2012 @ 7 pm
Big Box Series