[NEohioPAL] Feature Film Auditions

Michael Campanizzi camper2207 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 13:07:23 PST 2011

THE NEW FEATURE FILM BY THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON'S STUDENT FILM ORGANIZATION, THE 2380 PROJECT, IS NOW HOLDING ITS OPEN AUDITIONS:

Film:
The Masterless

Synopsis:
The Masterless is a dark comedy about two small time criminals from Akron, Ohio who get sent down to West Virginia to kill a man who’s going to testify for the FBI; but before they can, they get caught up in the whirlwind of a stolen $50,000; and end up with the Russian mob, the FBI, the local cops, the Mormon mafia, and a few more people looking for them.

Casting:
This movie requires a huge cast, as there are 42 speaking roles. Some of the main roles are:
Bill – male – mid to late 20’s
John – male – late 20’s to early 30’s
Big Tony – male – late 30’s to late 50’s
Loudmouth – male – mid to late 20’s
Mel – male – 30’s
Sheriff – male – late 20’s to mid 30’s
FBI agents 1&2 – male – any age
Leader of cult – male – any age

As I mentioned earlier there are also a ton of supporting characters, so, many actors will be needed of all backgrounds and age ranges.

Casting Location:
University of Akron
Student Union
3rd Floor
room 321
Akron, OH

Times:
Friday January 13th – 6-9pm
Friday January 20th – 6-9pm
Friday January 27th – 6-9pm
Friday February 3rd – 6-9pm
Saturday February 4th – 10am-2pm

Here is a map of the University of Akron.
http://www.uakron.edu/resources/campusMapNew/#
The Student Union is building 60. There is metered parking near the Union and the parking decks are open after 5pm on week days and all day on weekends.  The student union's address is as follows:

251 Carroll St.
Akron, OH  44718

If you would like to bring a headshot that’s great but we will be taking video of your audition as well as a photograph. There will also be an information sheet for you to fill out at the casting call.

We are working on a shoe string budget right now so compensation will be done with credits and lunch on shoots.

Any questions should be sent to either writer/director David Berry at dlberry at zips.uakron.edu or 2380 project president/Masterless producer Brandon Bell atbjb33 at zips.uakron.edu