[NEohioPAL] Heights Youth Theatre Holding Auditions for The King and I - January 9 and 11

Pamela Fine olydia78 at ameritech.net
Sun Jan 8 07:49:56 PST 2012

Auditions for The King and I are open to all actors in grades 1-12

Monday, January 9, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wiley Auditorium
2181 Miramar Blvd.
University Hts., Ohio 44118

These will be open-call auditions -- you do not need to schedule an appointment. Auditions will be held from 5-8:00 PM, so we ask that no one arrives later than 7:30 PM to ensure we are able to end on time.

Sides, which are excerpts of text from the script, are provided on our website with specific information regarding what to prepare for the audition.

Anyone 10 and under auditioning will be asked to sing a portion of Getting to Know You.  The music and specific measures required can be downloaded on our website.

If you are over 10 years of age please prepare 32-bars (approximately 1 minute) of a musical theater song in the style of the show. No pop/rock songs please! You will need to provide clearly marked sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided. No acapella singing please.

Please provide a headshot (or recent photo) and a resume (if available) at your audition. NOTE: These will not be returned to you.

Call-backs (by invitation only) will be determined shortly. If you do not receive a callback, it does NOT mean that you are not being considered for casting!

**Rehearsals begin the week of January 16 and the show will run for three weekends opening March 2 and running through March 17**

Questions? e-mail heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com     www.heightsyouththeare.org

Heights Youth Theatre programming is made possible by the generous support of  the residents of Cuyahoga County through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, Eaton Charitable Fund, the Ohio Arts Council, and the O'Neill Foundation