[NEohioPAL] Looking for Poets for Valentine's Day event

Brandon Stroud bmstroud1 at aol.com
Thu Jan 12 10:28:40 PST 2012

Upcoming Event: "Roses are red/Violets are Blue" Valentine's Day Poetry Reading & OPEN MIC at Karma Koffee in (downtown) Willoughby, Ohio (on Feb. 13th at 7:30 p.m. to approx. 10:00 p.m.) hosted by Living Poetry

LOOKING for POETS and HEADLINER!

(The Headliner should be somebody with considerable experience in the poetry-arts, has work published, etc.) Each Poet receives an introduction (with a bio that THEY write), and 10 minutes stage-time. Our Headliner receives 20 minutes stage-time, and a lot of free publicity.

Our events are publicized well (on multiple local-poetry websites, multiple Facebook groups, flyers all around near-by towns, and word-of-mouth).

The theme of the event, and I use this word very loosely, is "love." However, anything that can fit under the Valentine's Day "umbrella" is perfectly fine, too (ex. heartbreak, love stinks, hearts, blood, veins, the color red, cupid, the smell of perfume, etc.) Experimentation is highly encouraged (performance poetry, music, video projection available, etc.)

This show will NOT moderated (use whatever language you desire).

If you are a local Poet interested in reading at this event AND being one of our Featured Poets please contact me (Bmstroud1 at aol.com).
Our Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/bmstroud/

-BM Stroud