[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Beck Center Youth Theater’s ROALD DAHL’S WILLY WONKA!

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Fri Jan 13 12:37:32 PST 2012

Starting Saturday, February 4, the Beck Center Youth Theater will begin scheduling auditions for the final production of our 2011-2012 Season:

ROALD DAHL’S
WILLY WONKA
Lyrics/Music by Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley
Adapted for the Stage by Timothy A McDonald & Leslie Bricusse
Based on the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
by Roald Dahl

Direction by Russ Stich
Musical Direction by Angela Bruzina
Choreography by Devon Shriver

Audition/Callback dates:
(open to all Beck Center Students ages 6 to 19*)
Saturday, February 11 from 2:30 to 6:30 pm
& Sunday, February 12 from 1:00 to 5:00 pm
Callbacks: Monday, February 13 from 5:30-8:30pm

Please sign up for a one-hour audition slot at Beck Center Customer Service (starting Feb. 4).

*Please note: Participation in this production is only available to those who are registered in our Winter/Spring 2012 semester (this can be in any of our disciplines: Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts).

What to Prepare:

Students are asked to prepare BOTH a one minute monologue as well as one (1) minute of a song selection that best shows off their voice and range.  Please bring a copy of the sheet music for the accompanist. Students will then participate in a dance audition so bring appropriate attire to “move” freely in. It is recommended students be familiar with the songs of the show in advance of auditions.

Potential Rehearsals: March 3  – April 29, 2012

Mondays through Fridays: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Saturdays: 2:30pm – 6:30pm & Sundays: 1:00-5:00pm
We will NOT be rehearsing seven days a week - but pick the weekdays that best accommodate everyone’s schedules – once we know conflicts.  Rehearsals will be divided in such a manner so that our youngest cast members will rehearse no later than 7:30pm.

Tech Week:  April 29 – May 3, 2012
Sunday from 1:00 – 9:00 and Weekdays 4:30-9:00

All cast members are required to attend ALL rehearsals during Tech Week. No conflicts accepted.

Performance dates:  May 4 – 13, 2012
All cast members are required to attend all Performances.
Fridays, May 4 and 11 at 7:30 pm
Saturdays, May 5 & 12 at 3:00 pm
Sundays, May 6 & 13 at 3:00 pm
Student Matinee: Thursday, May 10 at 10:00am
(NOTE: This will require missing school that morning.)

Auditions are open to all Beck Center students registered for 2012 Winter/Spring classes ... in any of our areas: dance, music, theater, visual arts and creative arts therapies. Classes will soon be starting – some classes are already completely full! - so there isn’t a moment to lose.

Stop by the Beck Center for the Arts at 17801 Detroit in Lakewood, enroll online at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org> or call 216-521-2540 x10 and sign up for a class today!

We'll see you at the auditions!

Beck’s 2011-2011  Youth Theater Season
Charlotte’s Web (November 3-6, 2011)
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (Dec 9-18, 2011)
Reckless (Feb 24-March 4, 2012)
Roald Dahl’s Willy Wonka (May 4-13, 2012)

* * * * *
Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions on two stages, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>.