[NEohioPAL] What are audiences are saying about The Fantasticks at TrueNorth?

Fred Sternfeld fsternfeld at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 07:09:12 PST 2012

*Hi Everybody,*
*
*How to promote one's show if the critic's have decided not to come?  :-)*
*
*
*Grassroots "word-of-mouth" works. To help move that along, I have put some
audience quotes on my website:
http://www.fredsternfeld.com/fantasticks.htm#audiencecomments*
*
*
*I hope to see you at TrueNorth at one of our remaining six performances.
 The Fantasticks runs Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 3:00pm
through January 29th.*
*
*
*TrueNorth Cultural Arts is located at The French Creek Nature Center, 4530
Colorado Avenue, Sheffield Village - just two miles off of I-90 west about
15-20 minutes west of Lakewood. 440-949-5200.*
*
*
*Here is a little more about how this production of The Fantasticks is
unique...*
*
*
*At 15 minutes before curtain the actors playing El Gallo and The Mute
enter the theatre with their trunk of props and costumes to find the stage
strewn about with scenery from past (**The Diary of Anne Frank, Steel
Magnolias, Big River, Spelling Bee, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown, Little
Shop of Horrors, Miracle on 34th Street**) TrueNorth Productions.
 Surprised that the stage wasn't set up for their "touring" production,
they go about rearranging the scenery to utilize what is there for The
Fantasticks. A new event is created from the cast off scenery of old
productions, setting up a feeling of the actors improvising the whole thing
on a set they haven't used before.*
*
*
*This is a STELLAR cast <http://www.fredsternfeld.com/fantasticks.htm>,
rendering the play's wonderful humor and moving moments.*
*
*
*I hope to see you there!*

--