[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for short film TORN

Rudd, Andrew arudd at malone.edu
Wed Jan 18 04:23:27 PST 2012

TORN
All the things wrong with Jonah Hart
TORN is a fifteen minute short, which we’re shooting in March and sending to festivals later this year.  All cast and crew will receive DVDs or digital files for their reel and compensation for travel.  Filming will take place over the course of two March weekends.
The Story:  Jonah Hart - a legend who everyone loves to hate: Olive’s struggle to combine her personal experiences with the ideas of those around her to shape her own perception of the notorious Jonah Hart.
The Characters:
(all early twenties unless otherwise noted.)
OLIVE: trendy, unsettled, college kid obsessed with fully understanding human behavior of all forms.
LENNY: Knowledgeable friend to everyone.
JONAH HART: Intelligent, distant, center for numerous topics of conversation, the infamous buzz of the town
QUINCY: Enemy of Jonah Hart, friend of Olive
AUTUMN: Jonah’s best friend
DAVE: Quincy’s sidekick, echoes everything Quincy says
MIST: Cashier, drama queen, Jonah’s ex-girlfriend
OLDER WOMAN: 50s – 60s, friend of Jonah’s aunt
SAM: friend of Dave, quiet and quirky
MALE BYSTANDER: slept with Jonah’s girlfriend
FEMALE BYSTANDER: friend of male bystander
AUNT #1: 30s-40s, snarky, gossipy
AUNT #2: 30s-40s, snarky, gossipy
Audition Tapes:  We’re accepting online (youtube or vimeo) auditions.  If you’re interested, we’ll send you a script and you can read lines for us.  If you’d like to just tell us about yourself on video and describe why you think you’d be great at playing a particular part – that’d be great.  We’re looking for chemistry and particular types & we’ll invite you to read in person if we think you fit.
email us at:  torn.film at gmail.com<mailto:torn.film at gmail.com>
or LIKE us on facebook: TORN the movie