[NEohioPAL] itheatrics looking for a Cleveland School for program

Brian M Marshall mbrian at bgsu.edu
Tue Jan 24 13:49:53 PST 2012

>From iTheatrics (sponsors of the Junior Theatre Fesival and the new Smash: Make a Musical Program).
They are in search of a Cleveland area school that is in need of a musical theatre program.
Shoot Marty your ideas directly - his contact is below.
Brian

- - - - - - - -
Hello Friends from Ohio,

We need your help. As some of you know, iTheatrics has recently launched a program with NBC and their new TV show ‘SMASH’ to build sustainable musical theater programs in 20 different middle and high schools across the country.  We are having trouble identifying a school in the Greater Cleveland area and we are hoping you might be able to help us.

Specifically we are looking for a school that currently does not have an fully established musical theater program. It can be a public, charter, or even private school that serves either middle or high school students. It is okay, and even preferable, if the school has some arts programming, but they shouldn't currently be producing full musical theater productions.

As a part of the program, the school will receive the license to perform a Broadway JR Show, a complete Broadway JR show kit, two master classes with our iTheatrics teaching artists, stipends for two lead  teachers, a small tech budget, a local project advisor, and national attention from the Cleveland area NBC affiliate. The program is happening this Spring, so our timeline is very quick.

I have attached the application form for the project which covers all of the basics of the program. If you could pass it on to anyone you think might be interested or who would know someone who is, I would greatly appreciate it. Please don’t worry about the due dates. Those are all old dates as we are still trying to identify a Cleveland school, which we would love to do within the next week.

If you are unfamiliar with the program, you can check out the NBC press release from earlier this month. http://www.nbc.com/news/2012/01/06/nbc-and-itheatrics-announce-philanthropic-initiative-to-bring-sustainable-musical-theater-programs-t/

Or if you have the perfect school, you can email me directly or call me at 646-467-8092 or email marty at itheatrics.com.

Please call with questions or concerns and THANK YOU for your help.
Marty

Marty Johnson

Brian Marshall
Artistic Director