[NEohioPAL] Big Box features Lisa L. Langford and Jennifer Sandoval

Rebecca Hill rhill at cptonline.org
Wed Jan 25 12:40:42 PST 2012

In the 4th week of Big Box, Cleveland Public Theatre's world premiere workshop series will feature works by Cleveland's own Lisa L. Langford and Jennifer Sandoval.

The Negro Perkins
Written and Directed by Lisa L. Langford
Featuring Sherrie Tolliver, Neal Hodges, Michael Head, and Anne McEvoy
Set in 1898, this piece looks back on an often ignored time in African-American history during the small pox outbreak. The Negro Perkins follows three quarantined African-Americans who come face to face with what "freedom" really means. This new play seeks to reconsider historical events before they harden into an accepted narrative.

The Art of Social Graces

Choreographed by Jennifer Sandoval
Produced by Marquez Dance Project
Music composed by Michael Bratt
Lighting Design by Julie Ballard

In a world of emails, texting, tweeting and Facebook, intimate personal interaction has diminished. We have become a society that prefers conversing with other individuals through technology rather than in person. This form of communication has become detrimental to how we engage with people.
The Art of Social Graces is an inside look on how proper etiquette has evolved over the years. How do we carry ourselves within society? Have we become cynics to the idea of chance encounters?

This weekend only!
January 26 - 28 at 7pm in the James Levin

Tickets are $10 - $15

Take advantage of $10 Thursdays or our Free Beer Fridays where we invite you to stay after the show, mingle with the cast and enjoy a drink on us!

To purchase tickets or for more information on Big Box or our other shows visit www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org> or call (216) 631-2727

See you at the theatre!

Rebecca Hill
Marketing Coordinator