[NEohioPAL] Auditions for Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson – All Roles (Cincinnati)

Michael Flohr montessorimike at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:51:29 PST 2012

Hey Gang!

My name is Mike Flohr and I worked in the Cleveland theatre community from 1997 - 2006. I am the musical director for a small, edgy, professional theatre here in Cincinnati and we are looking some young, hip, and vocally talented actors... and of course I thought of my old stomping grounds!

The Know Theatre of Cincinnati (Knowtheatre.com) is casting for Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson. We have held auditions in Chicago, Minneapolis, and Cincinnati and are still hoping to round out our cast with some versatile actor/musicians. We need to wrap up casting within the next seven to ten days and would be happy to schedule in some face to face auditions in Cincinnati this Saturday (January 28th, 2012 -- sorry for the late notice!) or take some uploaded video auditions. Ability to play a rock instrument is a plus.

There is pay, albeit not huge by any means, and for out of towners the theatre can provide housing.

Here's the official info from the theatre.

Auditions

Auditions for the REGIONAL PREMIERE of Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson
for Know Theatre of Cincinnati

Know Theatre of Cincinnati will be holding auditions for Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson.

To sign up for an audition, please email auditions at knowtheatre.com and USE THE SUBJECT LINE: “BBAJ – Cincinnati - January 28th, 2012”.  You may request a time range and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. Please send a current headshot and resume.

Audition slots will be 15 minutes. Please make sure that you’ve got additional material prepared in case what you present is not what we’re looking for. An accompianist will be provided.

Seeking:

5-7 women mid 20’s – mid 30’s (all alto and mezzo-soprano)
6-7 men mid 20’s – mid 30’s (all baritone and second tenor)

All roles are currently available.

We are seeking a diverse cast for this production. If you can play electric guitar, bass, or keys, please let us know when you sign up for an audition.

All positions are paid a weekly salary of $100-$200 per week.

Production Dates:

Rehearsal Begins – Saturday, February 25
Opening – Saturday, March 31
Closing – Saturday, May 19

Please prepare:

Comedic monologue
Two contrasting musical pieces with at least one rock piece
We may or may not be able to provide an accompanist

Thanks!
Mike Flohr