[NEohioPAL] Want to be in Jesus Christ Superstar?!

Mercury Summer Stock mercuryss at mac.com
Fri Jan 27 09:11:52 PST 2012

Mercury Summer Stock at Notre Dame College

Presents

Jesus Christ Superstar

Music by Andrew Lloyd Weber            Lyrics Tim Rice

A One-Night Only Concert to benefit the

My First Musical program

March 31st, 2012, 7:30 PM

Notre Dame College

This ground-breaking rock opera, which reinvented musical theatre for the modern age, will kick-start the Mercury Summer Stock 2012 Season as a benefit for its My First Musical program.  Telling the story of the last week of Christ’s life, this timely musical will perform a one-night only concert version at the kick-off of Holy Week 2012. The zeal with which Christ’s followers are hailing him as the Son of God becomes a source of dismay to his disciple Judas Iscariot. Fearing that this tide of religious fervor will provoke brutal repression by the occupying Romans, Judas must make his fateful choice between faith and betrayal.

Seeking both non-Equity and Equity member submissions, this staged concert of Jesus Christ Superstar will be the culminating event of our My first Musical fundraising campaign. The My First Musical program allows 600 children aged 12 and under, free admission to each of the four shows in the 2012 season, and all proceeds from the event go towards the promotion and enhancement of the program.

ADULT SUBMISSIONS ONLY. No children at this time – there WILL be a children’s chorus as part of the concert. More information will be available for that soon. Electronic Submissions only.  Specifically looking for Adult Males and Females with great pop/rock and musical theatre voices for characters/ensemble. Please email headshot, resume, role(s) interested in and availability with attention to “JCS” to: mercuryss at mac.com.

First Rehearsal will be March 17th, 2012. Minimal rehearsal required. All rehearsals will be in the evening. Must be available for Dress Rehearsal on Friday, March 30th and the performance on Saturday March 31st.  Please keep in mind that this is a staged reading of the production to benefit My First Musical and there is no compensation for performers. The performance will be at the Regina Auditorium on Notre Dame College.

Thanks!

www.mercurysummerstock.com

Brian Marshall
Managing Director