[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio: Big Box, Week 5: "The Berlioz Project"

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Fri Jan 27 20:24:03 PST 2012

> Heads Up Arts Radio: Big Box, Week 5: "The Berlioz Project"
>
> The newest episode of Heads Up Arts Radio is up!
>
> HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
> arts community of Northeast Ohio.
Episode 40: Big Box, Week 5: “The Berlioz Project”

Host Benjamin Rexroad interviews Deborah Magid, creator of The Berlioz
Project: a Multidisciplinary, Multimedia, Multi-venue Rock Opera

Based on Hector Berlioz’s masterwork Symphonie Fantastique: Scenes
from the Life of an Artist
Symphonie Fantastique is known as the first “psychedelic symphony”
and was the first symphony that told a story
Berlioz wrote the symphony to get a girl…
Opium becomes LSD in this modernized rock opera
The genesis of the idea (And it’s not an acid trip!)
Conceived as a collaboration with Verb Ballets
What EXACTLY is a multidisciplinary, multimedia, multi-venue rock opera?
The Berlioz Project’s 5-year plan
“Who is this insane person?” (Yeah, we’re talking about Deborah)
Frustrated about not getting cast in roles, Deborah took to the page
and discovered a love for writing
Deborah’s artistic homes
How the audience received the 10-minute Leap/Conceive Berlioz preview
The wonderful thing(s) about CPT
And getting back to the topic at hand…a rundown of the characters
The Cow Tipping Dance
You have to leave some gaps for the audience to fill in
Berlioz’s mating song is from his prepubescent years
Berlioz, the original Beatle
Cleveland… really, theatre?
Go live somewhere else! …at least for a year
America watching, the newest Olympic sport
The website to hear the original music: http://imslp.org/wiki/Symphonie_fantastique,_H_48_(Berlioz,_Hector)
www.deborahmagid.com
The Berlioz Project
February 2-4, 2012 @ 7 pm