[NEohioPAL] Heights Chamber Orchestra

Michael Dalby medalby at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:48:33 PST 2012

To whom it may concern,

My name is Michael Dalby and I am a member of the Heights Chamber
Orchestra. I have recently been asked to handle the promotion of the
group's concerts and activities and have been given this email address as
someone that could assist us in getting the word out. Below is the most
recent press release announcing our upcoming 2/19 concert. If you are able
to help us promote this concert in the Northeast Ohio Performing Arts List
we would very much appreciate your assistance.

Regards,

*Michael Dalby*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Heights Chamber Orchestra
P.O. Box 18413
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
http://heightschamberorchestra.org/

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Michael Dalby
email: medalby at gmail.com

Musicians of the Heights Chamber Orchestra, along with their Music Director
Anthony Addison, are proud to present their next concert to the community
on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 7:30 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church (13001
Cedar Rd.) in Cleveland Heights.This concert will feature guest conductor
Mélisse Brunet along with vocalists Natasha Ospina-Simmons and Katie
Fowler. The program will consist of works by French composers Georges Bizet
(excerpts from Carmen), Camille Saint-Saëns (Danse Macabre), and Charles
Gounod (Symphony No.1 in D Major). As with all Heights Chamber Orchestra
concerts, admission is free.

"There is something special about playing French music with a French
conductor,” says Music Director Anthony Addison. "The cadences of the
French language are so different from those of the German or Italian, and
this is echoed in the music.”

Brunet is currently pursuing her Professional Studies degree in Orchestral
Conducting as part of an extension of the Cleveland Institute of Music’s
International Exchange program. She has performed throughout Europe and
Japan and her teachers include Carl Topilow, Pierre Boulez, Peter Eötvös,
and many others. Brunet currently conducts the CIM New Music Ensemble and
the FiveOne Experimental Orchestra.

Soprano Natasha Ospina-Simmons holds a Master of Music degree from Baylor
University and an Artist Diploma from CIM. Her recent work includes Sophie
in Werther for Opera Circle, and Piordiligi in Mozart’s Cosi fan tutte.
 Mezzo-soprano Katie Fowler holds a Masters of Music degree from Kent State
University. She has performed with Opera Circle, Opera per Tutti, and Opera
Cleveland. Fowler will be singing the Habenera and Seguidilla from Bizet’s
Carmen, and Ospina-Simmons will be singing Micaela's aria.

The Heights Chamber Orchestra is made up of amateur musicians primarily
from Cleveland Heights and Cleveland’s eastern suburbs. 2011-2012 is the
orchestra’s 29th season. For more information about this performance, the
orchestra, or future concerts, visit their website at
http://www.heightschamberorchestra.org/<http://www.heightschamberorchestra.com/>or
find them on Facebook. Heights Chamber Orchestra is generously funded
by
the residents of Cuyahoga County through a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts
& Culture.
*