[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Shakespeare Festival Benefit POSTPONED + Open Mic Shakespeare reminder

Brian Pedaci bpedaci at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 16:14:21 PST 2012

The "Shakespeare In (and Out Of) Love" benefit scheduled for February 12th
has been postponed until further notice.  Please watch our website (
www.cleveshakes.org), Facebook page or Twitter feed (@CleveShakesFest) for
information on future events.

Still on for Monday night at 7pm is OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE, our ongoing
monthly series of open, interactive play readings, at Market Avenue Wine
Bar at 2521 Market Ave. in Ohio City.

This month, we take on THE LIFE AND DEATH OF KING RICHARD II, the story of
a gifted orator but ineffectual leader who sets the country on a course
towards bankruptcy through overtaxation and multiple wars.  His
over-reaching sets the stage for a populist revolt.  This oft-overlooked
history/tragedy is the only one of Shakespeare's plays to be written
entirely in verse and contains some of the most exquisitely beautiful
imagery in the entire canon.

Roles rotate among the readers each act, so there's plenty of opportunity
to read different characters, or just come and listen along while you enjoy
the wine bar's selection of over 75 wines by the glass or 50 craft beers,
as well as hors d'oeurves and desserts.