[NEohioPAL] AUDITION NOTICE:TWO TRAINS RUNNING @ TRI-C METRO

jimmie woody umoja4us at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 14:27:37 PST 2012

A   U   D   I   T   I   O   N    N O T I C E

TWO TRAINS RUNNING
BY:  AUGUST WILSON
DIRECTED BY: JIMMIE WOODY

                                                      METROPOLITAN CAMPUS STUDIO THEATRE 10 (THEATRE BUILDING E)
                                                   AUDITION DATES: MONDAY – FEBRUARY 6TH 6:00PM - 9:00PM  &
              TUESDAY – FEBRUARY 7TH 6:00 – 9:00PM
CALL BACKS: WEDNESDAY – FEBRUARY 8TH 6:00PM – 9:00PM
PRODUCTION DATES: MARCH 29TH - APRIL 7TH
                                                                                                                                                           (POSSIBLE EXTENTION TO APRIL 15 TH)

         The play takes place in the Hill District of an African American neighborhood in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania in 1969.
                 It explores the social and psychological manifestations of changing attitudes toward race from the perspective of urban blacks.

                       Characters: Hambone – Mentally impaired handyman (male 30’s)
                                                                Holloway – Gambler and regular customer in restaurant (male 60’s)
                                  Memphis – Restaurant owner (male 50’s-60’s)
                         Risa – Waitress/cook (female 20’s-30’s)
                                                   Sterling – Young man fresh out of prison (male 20’s-30’s)
                                West – Owner of funeral parlor (male 60’s)
                                         Wolf – Numbers runner/gambler (male 30’s-40’s)

  TRI-C STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO AUDITION