[NEohioPAL] Adult Improv Class with Marc Moritz

Melanie YC Pepe mycp at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Wed Feb 8 07:54:24 PST 2012

NEWS RELEASE
Contact: Melanie YC Pepe (330) 836-2626
www.WeathervanePlayhouse.com

Weathervane Playhouse
1301 Weathervane Lane  *  Akron, Ohio  44313

Scared Scriptless!
Ages 18 and up
March 17, 24, 31, April 14, 21 & 27 (No class April 7th)
Saturdays, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Instructed by Marc Moritz, AEA

This course is an introduction to scene-based Improvisation. We will explore the Chicago style of Long-Form Improv, also known as "The Harold."  We will create full scenes that are completely created on the spot!  This class is heavy on exercises in the fundamental structural components of long form: scene work, group games, opening games, second beats, transitions, and callbacks.  Students emerge  with the tools necessary to stage longer pieces with recurring themes and rich characters.  Students will hit the stage at the end of class with a demo performance for an invited audience.  Even if you have never taken an Improv class -- this will be a fun, adventurous experience!

For more information or to register,
click here: http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com
or call 330-836-2626.