[NEohioPAL] Review: Actors Make Adaptation of 'Bluest Eye' Sizzle

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Fri Feb 10 07:25:56 PST 2012

Actors Make Adaptation of 'Bluest Eye' Sizzle
By Managing Artistic Director Benjamin Rexroad

Until I saw the Bluest Eye, directed by Fred Sternfeld at Karamu House
in Cleveland, I don’t think I had ever watched a production that
inspired two contradictory trains of thought.
Before I explain those divergent trains, a background of the play is
necessary. The Bluest Eye is adapted from Noble Prize-winning author
Toni Morrison’s novel of the same name.  The story centers on young
Pecola Breedlove, a black girl living in Ohio in the years immediately
following the Great Depression. Pecola faces racism, incest and child
molestation and, consequently, the  book is banned from schools and
libraries across the country.

Finish Reading At:
http://www.headsupproductions.net