[NEohioPAL] Workshop Players Auditions - "Send Me No Flowers"

Workshop Players wspamherst at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 05:16:12 PST 2012

AUDITIONS – Wednesday, February 22 & 23, 7 p.m. –  9 p.m.

SEND ME NO FLOWERS By N. Barasch & C. Moore

Performances April 19, 20, 21, 27, 28, 29, May 4, 5, 6,

Directed by Pat Price

Love the 50s? Love to laugh? Love to work at Workshop? If so, I’d love to
have you audition for Send Me No Flowers, a gentle comedy about a series of
misunderstandings. George is a hypochondriac and when he overhears his
folksy, down home doctor talking about a terminal patient, he assumes the
worst. His wife, Judy, is a Harriet Nelson/Donna Reed spouse of the 50’s
and he’s worried how she will make it on her own. Coincidentally, her
college sweetheart, the rich and successful Bert, makes an appearance at
the same time as George’s crisis and shows a renewed interest in his old
flame. Neighbor Arnold becomes the behind the scenes confidant as George
negotiates his problems, but is overcome with grief, worry and, most of
all, alcohol. Into the mix comes Miss Atkins, an all too enthusiastic
seller of graveyard plots, eager to please George with an eternal good
view.....Thrown into the mix are six fantasy scenes where Judy, and mostly
George, imagine the worst case scenarios. Two young people, a male and a
female are needed to play multiple roles in these hilarious products of
overactive imaginations.

" I divide my shows into rehearsal units to maximize rehearsal time and to
avoid wasting anyone’s time. There will be four units. Only George and Judy
are in all four.Every other character is in only one rehearsal unit. " I
look forward to replacing the faceless figures in my imagination with REAL
people after auditions are completed!

Thank you for considering working with me. ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Pat Price

Males:

George Kimball, 40’s, duty bound, yet overdramatic hypochondriac.

Bert Power, 40’s, rich and successful, “hunky”, on the prowl and clearly
interested in Judy.

Doctor, 50’s+, folksy and down to earth.

Arnold Nash, late 30’s-60’s, clearly inebriated, yet determined to be a
good friend.

Dream boy, late teen to mid 20’s will be in all of the dream sequences
playing various roles.

Females:

Judy Kimball, 40’s, naïve 1950's style homemaker; she's a devoted, patient
wife, but knows very few practical things.

Ms. Atkins, 30’s-60’s, sells cemetery plots and is way too pleased to do
so--perhaps a bit too chipper!!!

Dream girl, late teens to mid 20’s. will be in all of the dream sequences
playing various roles.

For more info contact Pat at 440-640-6620 or email
Joeandpatprice at centurytel.net

--
Workshop Players
44820 Middle Ridge Road, Amherst, OH 44001

"If all the world's a stage, I want better lighting!"