[NEohioPAL] Auditions: Devil Boys From Beyond

convergence-continuum csimon at convergence-continuum.org
Sat Mar 3 08:50:20 PST 2012

Looking for a few good men, and some lady men, too.

I'm casting for our second show of the season, "Devil Boys From Beyond"
and am looking to fill 6 more roles (2 are already cast).  The play is a
hilariously funny, campy sci-fi spoof (1950's style).  Flying saucers!
Backstabbing bitches!  Men in pumps! Alien hunks!  ("Devil Boys was the
winner of the 2009 FringeNYC outstanding play award.)  There are 4 male
male roles, 3 female roles played by males, and one biological female
role.  The play opens Fri, May 4 and runs Thu-Sat through June 2.
Rehearsals will begin around March 19 with a light schedule for the first
three weeks (during run of Hyacinth Macaw), then getting more concentrated
starting April 9.

AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD THIS SUNDAY, MARCH 4 AT 7 PM AT THE LIMINIS, 2438
SCRANTON RD, CLEVELAND 44113.

PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK REGARDING YOUR INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY FOR SUNDAY'S
AUDITION.  (I can email you a digital copy of the play if you like.)

Roles:
FLORENCE WEXLER - A little old southern woman, from Lizard Lick, Florida,
with a big secret, played by a male.

GILBERT WIATT - A tough, cigar-chomping New York City newspaper editor.
(40's, 50's?)

GREGORY GRAHAM - Burnt out ace photographer and booze hound. (30-ish?)

MATILDA VAN BUREN - Star reporter and legend in her own mind. (Amy
Bistok-Bunce is cast)

LUCINDA MARSH - A headline chasing Grande dame with a nose for news, and
arch-rival of Matilda.  (Zac Hudak is cast)

DOTTY PRIMROSE - Ancient proprietor of The Evening Primrose Motel in
Lizard Lick, FL, played by a male.

HARRY WEXLER - Florence's husband...or is he?  Nope, he's actually a
hunky, shirtless young alien who has taken Harry's place.

JACK PRIMROSE - Sheriff of Lizard Lick and Dotty's husband...supposedly.
(Another hunk of alien man-meat)

Thank you,
Clyde Simon
Director