[NEohioPAL] For 24 Hours (Give or Take) Only: The ATROCITY PARADE Prototype Issue is Opened To Public View

Michael A. Miller michael.act2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:31:19 PST 2012

Hi,

I've made several attempts to illustrate the prototype issue of my
magazine, *Atrocity Parade*, with no budget and have spent way too much
time navigating a maze of dead ends. My mission was to illustrate the
digital issue and shop it around to raise funds for a run of print editions.

Today, I'm convinced that if you'll read what I've written, it might make
the vision more real for you and encourage you to participate in this
groundfloor opportunity, even though it's killing me to make it public
before it's illustrated. If I can get anyone to do even one illustration
pro bono for the time being, I promise, as I have all along, to promote the
hell out of you and your work and remember you when the money comes.

Not all stories are slated for illustration, but I need at least one cover
illustration (the front one), three maps and, eventually, mocked-up ads.
I'm more concerned about illustrating the characters and one setting, which
is a coffeehouse modeled after a 17th Century Salem, Massachusetts
courtroom.  I can always fudge backdrops and other settings with
manipulated photos.

Here, again, are the illustration formats. examples aren't difficult to
find in Google Images.  If you want links, contact me and I'll provide
them:

*Sketch:* Reminiscent of Edward Gorey or Penny Dreadful style; like
children's illustration that started out cute but went terribly wrong.

*Woodcut: *In the style of 17th Century or earlier woodcuts. If you can
draw something and slap a Photoshop cutline filter over it, that could do
the trick.

*Vintage Sideshow Poster: *A la Fred Meah, Snap Wyatt, Fred G. Johnson,
Nieman Erdman.

*3 Maps in the following styles:*

   - E. H. Shpherd's Hundred-Acre Wood
   - Here Be Dragons (medieval nautical map)
   - Colonial surveyor

*
*
Here's the link to the protoype copy. Thanks for your consideration.

*AtrocityParade.WordPress.com*

Sincerely,

Michael A. Miller, Publisher
MSRG Publications™