[NEohioPAL] auditions and respect

mary faktor faktortheactor at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 22:07:30 PDT 2012

WOW - I don't keep up with email for 2 days, and look what I find

1.  To Miss Eva Withers Evans - I'm sorry if you or your grand daughter experienced discomfort, disrespect or embarrassment at your film audition. I think every actor out there of all races, genders and ages, film and theater, community and professional, union and non-union,  has been subject to discouraging judgements or disorganization at auditions at some time in our careers.  My empathy if this happened to your grand daughter.  Let's hope all casting directors learn from this experience and do better next time.

2.  To Aimee Collier - You made a very respectful and logical argument on behalf of the acting community and the Beck Center. I've known you for 10 years and have never known you to be anything other than a class act all the way, both on stage and off.  Your talent is exemplary, your professionalism outstanding, and your personal actions off-stage always a joy to be around.  Even after being viciously verbally attacked by Mr. Miller, you handled yourself with class and dignity. Kudos to you.

3.  To the Beck Center and Scott Spence - You and your team continue to put on top-quality shows using top-quality performers.  Your theater is responsible for teaching and introducing theater to children, teens and adults of all ages.  Whether it is a full scale musical on the main stage or an intimate or experimental show in the small theater, your productions are always A+.  Keep up the good work.  The acting community appreciates you.

4.  To Michael Miller - You state you were unaware of your emails  being sent to all on neohiopal and thought they were private to Ms. Collier.  Well, Mr. Miller, I can't help but equate your behavior with the man who verbally abuses his wife in private, but would never do so in public.  Your comments, language, and general intense anger expressed about Aimee Collier, Scott Spence, and our Cleveland acting community in general indicate the need for some serious introspection on your part.  If you haven't been selected for a show since 1999, perhaps you need to re-evaluate the true level of your talent, overall attitude and personality to determine why this is so. When I'm booking someone, their attitude is every bit as important as their talent. Personally, I think it was wonderful that your comments were made public accidentally by you.  It showed your true colors and perhaps will catapult you into looking inward to why you are such an angry
 "victim" of your environment.

One woman's opinion.

BTW - To all concerned....Any comments made to me will be made public.

Hugs to all (even you, Michael...it seems you need one)

Mary Faktor (the actor ;-)
www.MaryFaktor.com
330-655-2895