[NEohioPAL] Fwd: Total Rudeness At An Audition

Mike Herzog wannabkop at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 16:12:20 PDT 2012

Actors,

Rejection is an essential of the craft. Be it right or wrong for the specific reason, it is necessary. Enough work in the discipline and you'll one day get rejected for a vampire role and be told its because you were too scary. Unless your told why you did or did not get the role by the decision maker directly you'll never know for sure. Even if they do, theres more to it than what is revealed.

Theater is life at risk. Extraordinary events in a heightened state of being. Audition for the counter intuitive.  Be the risk.  Live the lesson.

Trust is earned through respect. When a core group of individuals share that respect for each other , they trust they can achieve the same goals. Theaters with a large talent pool from which to draw, will gravitate towards those individuals with similar visions. They have varied vantage points, portray their perspectives to one another and is trusted as a "perceived fact." They build through collaboration to create the vision shared.  Understanding of the goal and trust in one another are not optional. If they do not exist the product will not reach its full potential. Then falling short, all involved are cheated and lose trust in themselves. Knowing an individual will bring the details of a vision and exceed the expectations of a given role should secure that talent recurring roles again in the future. Show added value to the core and you too may find yourself being part of the shared vision.

ZAZ
Depp/Burton
Mel Brooks
All have core actors/techs you come to expect. Each with fairly consistent high quality products.

People get paid to do this? Sign me up! Not funny. Stop teasing…

Michael Herzog