[NEohioPAL] Rudeness

Tom Bryant tbryant at neo.rr.com
Sun Mar 18 09:57:41 PDT 2012

Most of my audition experiences have been positive. However, there was a
theatre that hired a guest director for a musical because he had done
this particular musical before. After three evenings of auditions and
callbacks, he used the same cast he had used in his previous production
for the principle roles. I don't have a problem with directors using
people they've used before, but in this case the director also cast
himself and his wife in the lead roles! Long story short; the rehearsal
situation became so bad that the Board fired the director after two
weeks. They hired another director, and with only four weeks to open,
the show was re-cast and ended up doing quite well.