[NEohioPAL] Help out a local journalism venture!

Justin Brenis jbrenis at pixelperfectmag.com
Thu Mar 22 09:31:33 PDT 2012

Hey there NEOhioPAL community!

My name is Justin Brenis and I have been a member of NEOhioPAL for years
now. While some of you may know me, I know a lot of you may not, but I know
how close-knit and amazing the NE Ohio acting community is, so I wanted to
put this out there nonetheless.

Over the past year, I started up an online video game magazine called Pixel
Perfect <http://www.pixelperfectmag.com/>. It is the combined effort of 15
passionate, driven people (mostly from NE Ohio) from all over the world.
Each day we put out the latest news, reviews, demo previews, high-profile
interviews, videos and more, and we've been doing it for free for an entire
year. The response both locally, and around the world, has been
unexpectedly phenomenal, to say the least.

Now, as we approach year two, we have some super exciting things planned
that will effect both the Cleveland community as well as the video game
community around the world, but to make them possible, we need your help.
Just for example, we are trying to bring Video Games Live, an amazing
orchestral concert experience celebrating the art of video game music, to
Cleveland, and we will soon be competing for a spot in the Guinness Book of
World Records, stealing an established record from Michigan-based Game
Informer Magazine, while at the same time raising money for Child's Play, a
video game charity for children in hospitals and recovery centers
nationwide.

We also want to start developing a web series for the site, and plan on
casting it using local actors. Our website currently sees between 30 and 50
thousand hits a month, so the exposure could be huge!

Please don't think of this as my asking you for a direct donation. What we
have done is launched a Kickstarter to help us raise some initial funding,
and in return we have some truly excellent rewards to give back for each
contribution made. If you could take just a minute of your time to check us
out at the link above, and then check out our Kickstarter
here<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/870178502/pixel-perfect-0?ref=live>
and
consider contributing, it would mean a lot both for my staff and I *and* the
community! Help us bring recognition within the industry to our insanely
creative hometown!

Also, if you are a writer who enjoys video games, we are always looking for
new writing staff. Please e-mail me back and I'd be glad to discuss
bringing you aboard.

Thank you all!

Sincerely,
--