[NEohioPAL] "Drowsy Chaperone", "Gin Game", "Hear Who's Here" & Auditions - April News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Fri Mar 30 14:33:55 PDT 2012

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _Chagrin Valley Little Theatre
  April 2012 News _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in April...*
      o *NOW - April 14:* /*THE DROWSY CHAPERONE*/
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/drowsy.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
      o *April 4:* */HEAR WHO'S HERE/:* Charles "Bud" Deihl & Mary Hobbs
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
      o *April 14:* Spring Youth Theatre begins - see CVLT.org/youth
        <http://www.cvlt.org/youth/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
        for details!
      o *April 19 - May 5:* /*THE GIN GAME*/
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>

  * *Open Auditions in April...* See http://www.cvlt.org/auditions
    <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>

      o *April 9 & 10:* Auditions for /*"A NIGHT IN PROVENCE"*/
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
        (farce - 3 men, 3 women)
      o *April 22 & 23:* Auditions for */"A STEADY RAIN"/*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
        (drama - two men)
      o *April 22:* Auditions for */"HAIRSPRAY"/*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
        (specific roles only)

  * *Coming in May...*
      o *May 11-12:* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra with Opera per Tutti
        - *THE MIKADO*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/cfso-mikado.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>

      *Spring has fully sprung on the CVLT stages!*

March was quite a busy month for us at CVLT! Our River Street Playhouse
stage hosted two sold-out performances of the headline - making
monologue/THE AGONY AND THE ECSTASY OF STEVE JOBS/, we held the initial
rounds of auditions
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
for the summer musical /HAIRSPRAY/, and we kicked off the hit musical
*/THE DROWSY CHAPERONE/
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/drowsy.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>*
which continues through April 14th!

This month, in addition to the continuing performances of */THE DROWSY
CHAPERONE/
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/drowsy.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>*on
the main stage and auditions
<http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
for our June and July productions, we're launching the second year of
the */HEAR WHO'S HERE
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>/*
series. On the first Wednesday in April, May and June we're presenting a
talk from local notables on our River Street Playhouse stage. This
month's presentation will be by artists Charles "Bud" Deihl & Mary
Hobbs. And at the end of the month, D.L. Coburn's /*THE GIN GAME*
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>/
opens on our River Street Playhouse stage, with a special fundraiser
preview on April 19th. Read on below for all of the details!

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */The Drowsy Chaperone
    <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/drowsy.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>/*

*NOW - April 14, 2012
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM
Sunday April 1 at 2 PM *

Book by Bob Martin and Don McKellar
Music and lyrics by Lisa Lambert and Greg Morrison

*TICKETS: *$18 regular, $14 student/senior

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/drowsy.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/drowsy.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed and Choreographed by Marc C. Howard

*"FILLED WITH LAUGH-OUT-LOUD MOMENTS"* - /Chagrin Solon Sun/

*"THE DROWSY CHAPERONE IS A WONDERFUL ESCAPE"* - /News-Herald/

/THE DROWSY CHAPERONE /is the Tony Award winning homage to American
musicals of the Jazz Age, examining the effect musicals have on the fans
who adore them.

A modern day musical theater addict known simply as "Man in Chair",
seeking to chase his blues away, drops the needle on his favorite LP --
a fictional 1928 musical comedy.

 From the crackle of his hi-fi, the musical magically bursts to life
on-stage telling the tale of a pampered Broadway starlet who wants to
give up show business to get married, her producer who sets out to
sabotage the nuptials, her chaperone, the debonair groom, the dizzy
chorine, the Latin lover and a pair of gangsters who double as pastry
chefs. Man in Chair's love of "The Drowsy Chaperone" speaks to anyone
who has ever been transported by the theater.

Starring: Alexandria Marzullo, Brenda Willis, Clayton Minder, Don
Bernardo, Brian Heigel, Eric Oswald, Jerry Schaber, John Hickman, Laurel
Bryant, Libby Merriman, Lisa Tarr, Mark Moore, Mark Snyder, Michael
Rogan, Ryan Bernstein, Suzanne Davis, Tina Burgett-Krause and Tom
Boehringer.

    */The Gin Game
    <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>/*

*April 19 - May 5, 2012
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM
Special fundraiser Thurs. April 19*

A play by D. L. Coburn

*TICKETS: *$10 all tickets
(Not recommended for children.)

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by Eric Oswald

D.L. Coburn's Pulitzer prize winning /THE GIN GAME/ is about a woman in
her twilight years, Fonsia Dorsey (Linda Ryan), who enters a "home for
the aged" and is for a while saved from melancholy by the crusty charm
of Weller Martin (Steve Ryan).

The sardonic Weller cajoles Fonsia into playing a series of games of Gin
on the home's sunlit porch. As they seemingly become close companions,
much is revealed about their respective regret-filled lives -- to the
steady shuffling and playing of cards. Their mutual need for solace is
momentarily satisfied, until Weller's pent-up rage, and Fonsia's subtle
needling, build to a terrible confrontation.

We are hosting a special sneak preview of/THE GIN GAME /as a fund raiser
for the National Breast Cancer Foundation
<http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/>. On Thursday, April 19th, at 8pm
we will have a Special performance at $25 a seat. Tickets for this
special performance are AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR ONLY and will not be
pre-sold. All proceeds that evening (minus the performance rights) will
be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation
<http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/>. Thank you for helping us in the
fight against breast cancer!

    */Hear Who's Here:
    Charles "Bud" Deihl & Mary Hobbs
    <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/hwh-deihlhobbs.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>/*

*April 4, 2012
Wednesday night at 7 PM*

*TICKETS: *$12 per ticket
(buy all three speakers for $6 off!))

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/hwh-deihlhobbs.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/hwh-deihlhobbs.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>

or call 440-247-8955*

The "Hear Who's Here" series will showcase the journeys and favorite
career highlights of Chagrin Falls area professionals. These fascinating
talks take place on the first Wednesday of each month at 7 PM.

This year's series includes the painters Charles "Bud" Deihl and Mary
Hobbs on April 4th, independent filmmaker (producer of /Take Shelter/)
Tyler Davidson on May 2nd, and author Cinda Williams Chima on June 6th.

*Charles "Bud" Deihl* holds graduate degrees in painting and drawing
(1963) and sculpture (1965) from Michigan State University and was
President at Kendall College of Art and Design in Grand Rapids, Michigan
and President of the Columbus College of Art & Design in Ohio. His
paintings contain images that deliberately mystify, prompting viewers to
seek their own understandings of the meaning.

*Mary Hobbs* received a Bachelor of Arts degree, in 1958, from
Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio and has been a fashion artist,
illustrator and art director for the likes of The Richman Brothers
Company, the May Department Stores Company, and The Higbee Company. Her
current work features realistic and vibrant images of pets, children,
homes, florals, and family montages. She is a longtime member of the
Colored Pencil Society of America (CPSA), which has bestowed honors and
recognition upon her work.

    Still to come in our 82nd Season...
    <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>

*MAIN STAGE PLAYS & MUSICALS:*
A Night in Provence (June 1 - 23, 2012)
Hairspray (July 20 - August 18, 2012)

*RIVER STREET PLAYHOUSE:*
A Steady Rain (June 29 - July 14, 2012)
Belles: A play in two acts and thirty-nine phone calls (August 10 - 25,
2012)

*SPECIAL EVENTS:*
Hear Who's Here: Tyler Davidson, independent filmmaker (May 2, 2012)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra's "The Mikado" (May 11 & 12, 2012)
Hear Who's Here: Cinda Williams Chima, author (June 6, 2012)

*GET YOUR BRICK!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for bricks to install when the weather turns
warm again, so visit http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=apr2012>
to order yours today!

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.