[NEohioPAL] NWPL's Multi-Cultural Cabaret

Slowiak,James R slowiak at uakron.edu
Tue Apr 10 07:22:47 PDT 2012

CATAC/NWPL
present

Songs of our Mothers
 (for our Daughters)

Akron, OH--The Center for Applied Theatre and Active Culture (CATAC) and New World Performance Laboratory are pleased to present “Songs of our Mothers (for our Daughters)” on April 12, 13, 14 at 8:00 pm in the Balch Street Theatre, 220 South Balch Street, Akron OH, 44302.  NWPL members Debora Totti and Jairo Cuesta sing songs from Italy and Latin America accompanied by guest artist James Marron on guitar.  This is a benefit performance for CATAC/NWPL.  Admission is a $10 minimum donation. Reservations can be made by calling 330-867-3299 or online at www.brownpapertickets.com<http://www.brownpapertickets.com>

Italian actress and NWPL company member Debora Totti and Colombian actor and NWPL co-artistic director Jairo Cuesta have prepared an intimate evening of traditional and popular songs from Italy and Latin America.  The hills of Tuscany meet the mountains of Antioquia and the blue waters of the Mediterranean mingle with the green warmth of the Caribbean, as these two remarkable actors take the audience on a rhythmic and soulful pilgrimage to the sources of their cultural roots.  Directed by James Slowiak, 2011 Akron Area Arts Alliance Outstanding Artist in Theatre, and accompanied by guitarist James Marron, “Songs of our Mothers (for our Daughters)” promises to be an unforgettable evening in the theatre.

Proceeds from this benefit performance will go to support the 2012-2013 activities of CATAC/NWPL at The Balch Street Theatre.

For more information, call 330-867-3299, email nwplab at gmail.com<mailto:nwplab at gmail.com> or visit CATAC’s website at www.nwplab.com<http://www.nwplab.com>