[NEohioPAL] "Gin Game" Benefit for Nat'l Breast Cancer Foundation (w/Steve & Linda Ryan)

Eric Oswald eoswaldbigred at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 13:11:08 PDT 2012

I am writing this announcement as a special appeal.  Chagrin Valley Little Theatre was gracious enough not only to let me direct "The Gin Game" at their River Street Playhouse, but they have allowed me to turn our final dress rehearsal into a Benefit for The National Breast Cancer Foundation.  I also asked the permission of my two fine actors, whom many of you know, married couple Steve and Linda Ryan. I am so very happy they said yes.

You see, back in July 2010, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. This was just two years after her own mother passed away from cancer.  I was frightened for my mother, for what she would have to go through to fight this only two years after burying her own mother.  It was frustrating for me, with all my family in California, not being able to help in any way.  So last year I walked The 3 Day For The Cure, raising $3,000. This year, I wanted to do something related to my love of theatre.

CVLT has not only graciously allowed this benefit to happen, but they are paying the performance rights so ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THE FOUNDATION. The River Street Theatre is a black box theatre, a small venue, but with 60 seats at $25 a ticket, we can raise $1,500 for the cause.

The benefit is tomorrow night at 8pm. The River Street Playhouse is at 56 West River Street in Chagrin Falls.  CVLT is unable to take reservations for this event, so tickets will be sold at the door on a first come, first served basis.  Please help us sell out this event.  It would mean so much to me and for all the women fighting breast cancer.

For more information, dial (440) 247-8955.  Visit the CVLT website for even more information at:

http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingame.php

If you are unable to attend this event, you can still see Steve and Linda perform during the regular run for just $10, Fridays & Saturdays, April 20th - May 5th at 8pm.  Tickets for the regular performances may be purchased or reserved in advance via their website or by the above phone number.

This show has been a great theatrical challenge for them. I hope you'll come and support them by seeing the show.

Eric Oswald