[NEohioPAL] BeatRoot: A Spiritual Journey through Movement, a program of the Vet Art Project

Lisa Rosenthal vetartproject at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:58:23 PDT 2012

What is it? Here are the words of participants who can tell you what it
feels like . . .

"BeatRoot is one of the most exciting things I've been able to be a part
of! Most people believe dancing is something we do in classes or drunk at
dance clubs, but BeatRoot gives a variety of people, including our
country’s veterans, the opportunity to get out of one’s head and let life,
love, and rhythm move through your body! Its a blast to see smiling, warm
faces being free with movement and it always rejuvenates me for my week to
come!" –Katie

______________________

“I read somewhere once where someone once said that there is not Jazz music
but rather *moments* of Jazz music. In other words there are sublime
moments where one tunes into their very own soul and connects to something
bigger than themselves. BeatRoot dancing is like that. There are sublime
moments when one forgets about themselves and their surroundings and
consciously making the body move. These are moments when the music dances
the person. These are sweet reprieves from the everyday humdrum of life.”
—Raymond, veteran

·      It’s not a fitness regime

·      It’s not a dance class

·      It’s an invitation to dance to the music that’s in your soul

People with all physical abilities are welcome

Must be 18 years of age and older

Mondays

6:30-8 pm (doors close promptly at 7 pm)

First Grace

350 S. Portage Path

Akron 44320

(Church at intersection of S. Portage Path, Exchange, and Work)

Bring water to drink & clothes to move in

More information: 330-835-9488

--
Lisa Peacock, MA, Drama Therapist
Founder & Director, Vet Art Project

"The future of our Armed Services and the future of our country will be
integrally linked with how we take care of our veterans." —George Washington

“Veterans are the light at the tip of the candle, illuminating the way for
the whole nation. If veterans can achieve awareness, transformation,
understanding, and peace, they can share with the rest of society the
realities of war. And they can teach us how to make peace with ourselves,
and each other, so we never have to use violence to resolve conflicts
again.” —Thich Nhat Hanh