[NEohioPAL] My weekend with CSU student filmmakers.

Terry J Smith smith at tennisamigo.com
Sun Apr 29 08:51:12 PDT 2012

I had the pleasure of acting in the movie tentatively titled 'Commitment to
Excellence' last weekend.  Cleveland State University film majors shot it at
CSU's Natatorium and a student's apartment.  Directed by Pieter Ritz, a senior
from Florida who has a swimming scholarship.
      ... more about my experience and CSU at http://www.actingbuff.com

I had a great time on CSU's campus, seeing parts of it I never knew existed.
Although going away to college has its attractions and benefits, I believe
just as much, if not more, can be gained by going downtown to college.

Whether you live in Cleveland, Chicago, or Guam, unless you are interested in
something that cannot be pursued locally, why not study close to the town,
near the people and institutions you already have connections with.  If your
interest is in tropical storm patterns, or a certain music professor you know
of only teaches in Texas, then you have reason to go away.  Similarly,
Cleveland is a destination for some drawn to it by professors and programs.

For instances such as these, we sacrifice certain things for a location where
we can pursue our main interest.  But, if you live in or near Cleveland and
your interest is in any major offered by CSU, Cleveland may be the best place
for you and for those within your reach.

Terry Smith
http://www.actingbuff.com