[NEohioPAL] Columbus Film Acting With "Doughboy" Director JW Myers

JW Myers rmkfilms at gmail.com
Thu May 3 08:27:31 PDT 2012

My Independence Class is near capacity, so I should mention that we have a
Columbus Class as well that meets on Wednesday nights from 6 - 9 p.m. at
the Ohio Theatre (rehearsal rooms).  It is the same technique I teach up
here in Independence.

Here are the details:

JW is the director/producer of "Doughboy" and "Random Acts of Christmas,"
and the President of Route 40 Films, LLC.  The films were shot in Wheeling,
WV. "Doughboy" will be distributed nationally in September.

The class is a scene study class, with a little improv thrown in to keep it
light.  The work is based on the Charles Conrad technique, as taught to me
by Dee Wallace Stone.  It's a very effective film technique.  Everyone
works, every class.  Real film scene from real films.  You get out of this
what you put into it.  If you are willing to work hard and do the homework,
you will improve drastically as a film actor.

The last class of the month is a CAMERA CLASS, where scenes will be filmed,
and clips made available for your evaluation.  It becomes very useful to
gauge your progress from month-to-month.

We tend to attract a really positive, motivated, fun, professional, and
upbeat group, so let's keep it that way!  If you fit that description, and
you can make it to Columbus on Wednesday nights, shoot me an email!

Please email route40classes at gmail.com.  The class is ongoing, and we are at
the beginning of a new monthly cycle.

Thanks for your time.  Hope to meet you all soon.