[NEohioPAL] Beachwood Theater Camp Celebrats 29th Summer!

jillfrei21 at aol.com jillfrei21 at aol.com
Wed May 9 07:52:16 PDT 2012

Beachwood Theatre Camp Celebrates 29th Summer
***This award-winning summer theatre program encompasses a professional theatre experience through a nurturing, warm environment allowing every student to shine.***
Open to students grades 2 through 8.    9 am – 3:15 pm
Master’s program for Students grades 9 - 11

Jill Koslen-Freireich, founding director, selects the finest staff for this award-winning theatre camp.
·      Vocal Instructor Beth Ray, 30+ years in musical direction and education
·      Crafts:  Molly Sawyer Masters in Education Macedonia H.S. Theater Director
·      Acting Instructor Geo. W. Crenshaw, 30+ years in education and theatre
·      Dance/Movement Instructor Eugene Sumlin, award-winning choreographer and show choir director
·      Performance Instruction:  Miles Sternfeld, Joel Furth
Masters Workshops for students grade 9 - 11 taught by Marc Moritz, Kent State University, Jean Zarzour, professional actress and coach; Jeff Blanchard of Cabaret Dada; Brian Marshall, professional actor and director. Jamie Koeth, Professional actor/coach, Cynthia O’Connell, Baldwin Wallace

All students receive professionally taught classes in acting, improv, dance, crafts and vocal performance.  Workshops foster growth for our younger performers while Masters Workshops are tailored to challenge our more experienced performers.
All students will receive a speaking role in the full-scale, two-act musical production of...
Babes In Toyland, the future (4 weeks)
School House Rock, concert version, (last 2 weeks)
This original musical spins the tale of the importance of heart & originality in one’s craft through the tale of an old toymaker and how he competes with today’s electronic toys.  Original music has the sound of a modern Broadway production.
 Camp also includes;  Guest artists, free swim at the Beachwood Family Aquatics Center and weekly showcases providing multiple performance opportunities for students to display their phenomenal growth in this spectacular summer theatre program.
This is a not-for-profit organization. So, costs are family-friendly while providing the highest-caliber theatrical experience for students.

The Specifics
Camp Dates:  June 11 – July 6     4 week program $500 for Residents    $550 for Non-Residents    ------ No additonal fees to participate in production   Babes & Toyland, the future
June 11 – July 20 – 6 week program – Res: $750.  Non-Res: $800
Babes & Toyland, the future & School House rock, concert version
Master’s Program: For Students grades 9 – 11     June 11 – July 27
Master’s students assist instructors, mentor students, participate in all productions & showcases, taught by area professionals, perform “The Wiz” or “Grease Jr.”
To register or for more information, contact the Beachwood Recreation Office 216.595-3734

"Jill opened her arms to me. She trusted me when I first started. She gave me the foundation and confidence to be where I am today."  -- Halle Morse; Broadway actress and former student
"Beachwood Theatre Camp is the best summer theatre program I ever attended. Jill gives every camper a chance to shine. It is the best place for beginners and advanced performers alike. BTC provides performance opportunities through the musical coupled with professional workshops while still remaining a fun, summer day camp." -- Casey J. Braun, CRO; media professional and former student
"To say that my years with Jill at BTC positively impacted my life is quite the understatement. I am continually impressed by how often in my daily life I employ knowledge and skills I learned from BTC. It taught me, both explicitly holistically, to carry myself confidently, make strong choices in performance, collaborate with others and appreciate a job well done." -- Evan Sanders; composer and former student